Matrix Agent "Bug Case"

SurferGeek

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Alright, I know that this has had to been hashed out before but I've not been able to find anything on some of the boards or the internet in general.

I have a couple of the bugs and would like to put them in a similar case as was used on the film. Any help?

1136672710_Case1.jpg

Case2.jpg

:confused

could be based off a few things...

compact, cig case, maybe even a business card holder.

im leaning toward cigar/cig case due to the "lift when opening" that the row of bugs do.

id be interested in finding out if it was a found prop or if it was a custom job for the movie as well...

chris

either way, it has a custome machined piece which the bugs sit in. I have a feeling it was a FULLY machined piece. I'm pretty sure it would be QUITE easy to replicate.

Its 2 identical Side pieces, the hinge and the bug holder. then when it opens has the pivot swing for the bug holder. Does anyone have access to a CNC machine? I can probably bust out some Cad designs for the case.

Originally posted by wtfjedi@Jan 7 2006, 08:12 PM
any one make the bugs yet? or know of some good screenies of the bugs?
[snapback]1153554[/snapback]​

Yup...

Bug01.jpg

Exposure adjusted...

Bug02.jpg

Originally posted by Run Runner@Jan 7 2006, 07:55 PM
looks like a PDA hardcase.
[snapback]1153548[/snapback]​

It would have to be a very short PDA... ;) The travel clock theory seems more likely.

Just spent about 3 hours looking for aluminum and stainless steel cases, cigarette/compact/credit cards and business cards... Most seemed to open from the sides... No luck. :confused

Okay..I think I know what this might be, and it's not a "case" of any sort. Nor a travel clock. It's something no one has mentioned yet if my theory is correct. I believe that the piece was originally "found", it's "insides" removed and a black liner and custom "bug holder" where added.

Let me do some more research and I'll get back to everyone. Maybe we can end up putting together some sort of cheap case kit or something. :)

Give me the CAD drawings and I will see what I can do.

Check out My Webpageand go to the Blog--you will see what I am talking about.

Clay

Originally posted by LittleOleBountyHunter@Jan 7 2006, 08:12 PM
either way, it has a custome machined piece which the bugs sit in. I have a feeling it was a FULLY machined piece. I'm pretty sure it would be QUITE easy to replicate.

Its 2 identical Side pieces, the hinge and the bug holder. then when it opens has the pivot swing for the bug holder. Does anyone have access to a CNC machine? I can probably bust out some Cad designs for the case.
[snapback]1153448[/snapback]​

The CAD model for this would be a piece of cake. One of many vying for room on my plate at the moment, but I could do it in 2 hours, if that much.

Clay - maybe I'll include the IGES files for this with the CD-ROM I'm sending you. :)

- Gabe

[image]http://webpages.charter.net/kknopp/bug1.jpg[/image]
[image]http://webpages.charter.net/kknopp/bug3.jpg[/image]

ps. Before the wisecracks start, I digitally enhanced my hands to look young, soft and girly..and totally photoshopped out my naked reflection so as not to offend. :)

almost looks like an older pillbox....

whats the shiny thing your oh so girly photoshopped hands are holding? ;)

chris

Originally posted by SFPROPS@Jan 8 2006, 09:14 PM
ps.  Before the wisecracks start, I digitally enhanced my hands to look young, soft and girly..and totally photoshopped out my naked reflection so as not to offend. :)
[snapback]1154223[/snapback]​

Interesting, the ends don't seem to be rounded like the screen used piece. What is it?

Yeah..there are a few subtle differences between the one I have and the one that is screen-used when I started looking more closely. Also, it's not a pillbox or any sort of "case" nor anything else that I've seen mentioned as possibilities.

I've found a slightly different model that still available and that one appears to be an even closer match. I'll keep people posted once I've got more info. :)

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back