Masteranubis' Custom Cannon Contest Entry. Finished.

MasterAnubis

Sr Member
I'm thowing my bio into the ring...

I've only got my concept drawings at this point. :ninja: Nothing final for sure.

I'm making this a one off and intending to make and paint a final piece on a stand.

Overall, I'm envisioning my spin on the P1 with heavy influences from AVP

I'll be making it with wood, plastic and metal. Basically anything that will hold the shape and do what I want it to do.

-Shawn

did some drawing... mostly the detail stuff that I don't figure out that well. arm detail options as well as side cannon stuff. The main pic of the concept is still being realized.
Cannon002.jpg

Cannon001.jpg

I thought that since Uratz went and showed off his fancy art, that I'd show my scribbles from pg 1.
I did a little bit more design in VCarve but don't have anything to show for it right now. I got my 2" pvc pipe for the main barrel and I'm figuring out the rest as I go.

Cannon003.jpg

So I started on the obvious piece for me... the arm.
I went off of my sketch and ended up with the following:
Cannon004.jpg

If all goes well, this won't take that long to cut. I'll make two and sandwitch then together to get to the right thickness.

Got them off of the mill and I'm off to bed...
Cannon005.jpg

They came out better then I hoped but I had a weird crash in the first run and I had to scrap a piece of MDF. It was a great end to a "great" day for sure.

Thanks guys.

The font I used is Blade movie font. We'll see how it comes out when it's painted.

This isn't coming out anywhere near what I planned but I'm preaty hopeful based on todays progress.

Cannon006.jpg

Looking good man, I just got my stuff printed out on paper. Nice to see you so far ahead already
Thanks. But I don't think of this as ahead. It's still a blank canon. This is about the point where I feel I'm not that good.

On a side note, I've got a habit of not finishing things and competitions with deadlines seem to be a good way for me to actually get something done.

Looking great,wish i had a mill lol.Cant wait to see all the entries come to life.
Well, a mill is just another tool. They don't set themselves up. On a small scale, they can take longer to mess with than is productive. Still, they have a lot of power that can come in handy for the right parts.

Thanks. But I don't think of this as ahead. It's still a blank canon. This is about the point where I feel I'm not that good.
On a side note, I've got a habit of not finishing things and competitions with deadlines seem to be a good way for me to actually get something done.

Yeah same here with the deadlines, with a fire under our asses I feel more alive making designs. I've been on insane deadlines the past 2 months, like non stop.. its a good rush and forces you to think harder to solve problems like whats essential to a design? how production time gonna get eaten up and triage creative processes in the right priority to get the thing done. Deadlines will make you ready for any battles in life. It will also make you "Good"

So don't worry I think as long as you push yourself in what you feel right, you will get there. Personally I just want to see if I can get something done by a certain date and that's the prize for me.

Yeah same here with the deadlines, with a fire under our asses I feel more alive making designs. I've been on insane deadlines the past 2 months, like non stop.. its a good rush and forces you to think harder to solve problems like whats essential to a design? how production time gonna get eaten up and triage creative processes in the right priority to get the thing done. Deadlines will make you ready for any battles in life. It will also make you "Good"

So don't worry I think as long as you push yourself in what you feel right, you will get there. Personally I just want to see if I can get something done by a certain date and that's the prize for me.

i could not have said it better myself!!

@ MasterAnubis~ that looks like a great start to a great cannon...

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back