Master Replicas SW-203 Luke ROTJ Lightsaber Sound Problem?

adambee

Hi there, I purchased myself the rather rare MR SW-203 ROTJ Luke Skywalker lightsaber about 12 months ago, but ever since I've owned it it's had a bit of sound problem. The idle hum, power down/up and clash sound effects all work fine however when I move the lightsaber, the movement sound effects are over sensitive and sometimes repeat over and over again when I move the lightsaber from left to right giving off a kind of "duh-duh-duh-duh-duh" sound, which is quite annoying. Up until now this hasn't really bothered me as I got it reasonably cheap for such a rare saber, It's in immaculate condition otherwise and I mainly just have it on display anyway. But due to upcoming financial obligations (pre-orders on QMx LDH Serenity/Replica Portal gun) I'd like to sell it. The only problem is I'd like to have a better understanding of this fault if indeed it actually is one or whether it's a common problem, so I can be sure I'm giving an accurate description when I sell it.

I greatly appreciate any info you guys can give me! :)

(Oh and I may be selling this in the Junkyard once I shed my new member status, so if you're interested and live in the UK, PM and I'll get back to you when I post it :))

I'v worked with a LOT of MR soundcard. It could be a number of things. Sell it cheap, mention the issue and say its sold as is. Not worth the time or money to fix.

If you do want to fix it, id fine the same saber in working order and do a swap of the internals.

Btw do check the batteries. Low batteries can cause all kind of issues.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back