Master Replicas Snowspeeder Question

Verbal21

I was just able to get an MR Snowspeeder but it didn't really come with anything else. Does anybody know how much this thing weighs and any alternatives base ideas? Also, would it happen to fit inside of a detolf shelf?

The model has no mounting points. It sits on three plexi pedestals that are attached to its mirrored base. If you don't have a base, then you will have to come up with something to hold it up. It is, like all MR Star Wars studio-scale models, heavy and fragile.

So if I just get an acrylic display, do you think that's work fine? Also, is it even necessary to have a base, or can it just lay fine on any flat surface?

Man, I'd love to find a good deal on one like that so I can customize it. I need to find a broken one or something.

So if I just get an acrylic display, do you think that's work fine? Also, is it even necessary to have a base, or can it just lay fine on any flat surface?

I have mine displayed on a custom round base which is hidden under model no plexiglass over it, looks like the snowspeeder is hovering, I have the original base and case which I don't use, I hate mirror bases when I use them I cover the mirror with black fabric. You need to put something underneath because the model tilts forward, you can just put a piece of foam big enough so you don't see it and the model is steady.

I have mine displayed on a custom round base which is hidden under model no plexiglass over it, looks like the snowspeeder is hovering, I have the original base and case which I don't use, I hate mirror bases when I use them I cover the mirror with black fabric. You need to put something underneath because the model tilts forward, you can just put a piece of foam big enough so you don't see it and the model is steady.

Any pics of your setup or even any chance you'd sell that base?

its a plain 2" high round plastic base, you cant' see it under the speeder, sorry I'm keeping the original base

So I'm trying to get a custom one made based on the original one. Would anybody be able to give me the measurements between each of these points?
mrsnowspeeder-062.JPG

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back