Master Replicas mall store in Walnut Creek, CA

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by bothanspy, Oct 26, 2005.

1. bothanspy

bothanspy Sr Member

Here's some pics of the store ...

[image]http://masterreplicas.com/pub/concord1.jpg[/image]
    [image]http://masterreplicas.com/pub/concord3.jpg[/image]
    [image]http://masterreplicas.com/pub/concord4.jpg[/image]
    [image]http://masterreplicas.com/pub/concord5.jpg[/image]

2. ob1al

ob1al Sr Member

Wooah - a MR store eh? That;s my kind of shopping trip... :love

3. Lukes Roommate

Lukes Roommate Well-Known Member

If one of those makes it up here, nay, anywhere NEAR Canada....my wallet and my finances are DONE.. :lol

4. OldKen

OldKen Master Member

i wish we had one here in TN. :(

5. Ghadrack

Ghadrack Sr Member

That is a really good idea for a Christmas season Kiosk. Have a light saber out to play with in the mall, the person that owns that stand will probably do good business.

6. El Fett

El Fett Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

cool.

7. Sporak

Sporak Sr Member Gone but not forgotten.

Is that in the SunValley Mall ?

8. Darth Maul

Darth Maul Well-Known Member

Ok, we have a couple of mall's here in NYC that really need one of these :)

Heck, I'd volunteer to work there on my days off. :lol

9. Chuey

Chuey Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Thanks for sharing. I will have to check that out the next time that I am down in the Bay Area.

10. sithlord23

sithlord23 Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Sweet. I wish there was one near me......er actually I don't, its probably a good thing there isn't one around here. :lol

11. phase pistol

phase pistol Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

About time they had their own boutique. :thumbsup

- k

12. Apollo

Apollo Legendary Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Very Nice... :thumbsup

13. Kerr Avon

Kerr Avon Master Member

It's more a kiosk than a store, but cool none the less. Might be interesting to see how it does to see if more pop up next Christmas season. Kiosks seem to have a pretty quick turn over rate in the malls I've been in. Of course, with the SIZE of many of the MR boxes, they couldn't get much merchandise actually in the kiosk, though it'd be interesting if they could setup online orders from the kiosk.

14. vaderdarth

vaderdarth Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Kerr,
    after seeing the kiosk pics.......that's exactly what I was thinking.....probably stock smaller items like the scaled sabers etc.....but are most likely taking orders for the big stuff.

Dave :)

15. SFPROPS

SFPROPS Well-Known Member

Hey...I was only half joking when in the other thread (about the new MR merchandise) I mentioned that I was waiting for a MR Store Outlet to hit the malls.

Wow...that was fast. I think it took them only 2 or 3 days to react to my request.

THANKS MR.

:lol

16. DL 44 Blaster

DL 44 Blaster Sr Member

I don't suppose they have an old Luke ESB Force FX sabers do they :$

Steve

17. PantheraGem

PantheraGem Sr Member

What mall is this in? I'm only a bit more than an hour from Walnut Creek. I wonder if they honour any of the Collector's Society discounts? Doubt it, but that would be rad....

18. MRCUSTOMERCARE

MRCUSTOMERCARE Well-Known Member

Sun Valley Mall in Concord, California

19. Kerr Avon

Kerr Avon Master Member

Is this a test kiosk to see how things go? Are there plans for any more to open up? What items would be available for purchase right at the kiosk, and will people be able to order larger items through the kiosk for delivery to their home?

20. MRCUSTOMERCARE

MRCUSTOMERCARE Well-Known Member

This is the only kiosk we have open. We may decide to open more down the road but do not have any plans to do so at this time.

You can purchase things like FXs and minis right there as well as some of our limited edition items. We will also take orders for home delivery if we do not have what you want in stock.

21. Kerr Avon

Kerr Avon Master Member

Cool, hope it works out.

22. Sporak

Sporak Sr Member Gone but not forgotten.

I knew it... ;)

23. Crimsonnaire

Crimsonnaire Well-Known Member

They, definitely, should have one open in the Big Apple.

Mattydog, Probe Droid, Moogybaby and myself will petition for this. :lol

24. TimDrakeRobin

TimDrakeRobin Sr Member

I was just in pleasanton yesteday getting fitted for a tux for my wedding and I met a woman who managed the kiosk in the sun vally mall. She was very nice. I am gonna have to check it out.

25. Ghadrack

Ghadrack Sr Member

MR probably won't spend much more time on this thread, but if you do, are you guys thinking of franchising out mall Kiosks? I think that would be a really awesome short-season high turn-around business for your authorized retailers and internet guys. You already have an established relationship, and I have a felling that between October and Mid to late January that stuff would sell faster than a lot of the Kiosks could be re-stocked.

26. vaderdarth

vaderdarth Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I agree with Ghadrak...........the Kiosks at our local malls here in Georgia....they do more business during the holiday season...October to Jan 1, than some of the stores do in half a year.

Dave :)

27. PantheraGem

PantheraGem Sr Member

I just got back from there. I didn't even notice the Vader helmet in the top photo initially. I was a little more than suprised to see it there. I talked to the guy who was working the kiosk for about an hour (not sure if he wants me to blurt his name out here), nice guy. He said the Vader is one of the prototypes. It's definitely gorgeous and I can't wait to get mine. The dome on the one there didn't look super smooth or shiny. So I can see where the final product will be all polished up, so to speak.

28. Darth_Nickel

Darth_Nickel Well-Known Member

I read somewhere that MR only offers these during the Holiday Season. I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I heard that from MR. I would expect them to be gone by now.

I would suggest that MR get a bunch of these in malls. I think once people see their product, they fall in love with it.

Just my 2 cents.

29. Noeland

Noeland Sr Member

If you live near disney, they carry all the MR merch in the various gift shops attached to the rides as well. The Star Tours ride ebing my favorite, even if it does give me motion sickness really bad. :lol :eek:

30. TimDrakeRobin

TimDrakeRobin Sr Member

DisneyLand no longer carries the Cursed aztec coins anymore. I remember wearing mine that I got at the Walnut Creek Kiosk, and everyone was asking me where to get it and I said they used to sell them by Pirates of the Carribbean, but when I went to the store there, the lady said they havent carried them for a long while.

31. docholl

docholl Well-Known Member

I was at the mall around the first of January and they were still there.