Master Replicas lighsaber repair question.

Jediwannabe

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Not bashing MR but after 12 emails in over 30 days and 3 phone calls I still cannot get an answer to some potentially simple repair questions. Any help from our experts would be appreciated.

1) My ROTS Yoda LE Lightsaber - the green hemisphere fell out while holding it. What type of glue should be used to reattach?

2) My AOTC Count Dooku LE Lightsaber - the black rubber grip is starting to lift up from the metal. What type of glue should be used to repair?

I know there are most likely easy questions. I just don't want to use something that is going to discolor or melt the parts.

Thanks.

I believe Amy is on vacation till tuesday or so - she may not get back to you right away.

There was an RebelScum thread on reattaching the Dooku grips - I'll see if I can find that

Originally posted by Vaapad_VII@Dec 10 2005, 04:01 PM

In relevant part, MR has suggested the following: "You can fix it yourself by using a gluing agent that is at least 2 parts epoxy. Once you have it glued you should wrap masking tape around the grips to hold them in place until it drys."

Edited for clarity
[snapback]1133190[/snapback]​

Thanks Vaapad. I appreciate it.

way to come thru with the info Vapaad, MR customer care seems to be a bit behind on getting back to anyone lately, although they're quick to send their email asking to rate their customer service.

Originally posted by qwa_raig@Dec 10 2005, 08:33 PM
way to come thru with the info Vapaad, MR customer care seems to be a bit behind on getting back to anyone lately, although they're quick to send their email asking to rate their customer service.
[snapback]1133240[/snapback]​
I just hope it's because they're working hard in finalizing the 2006 product plan. I've been waiting awhile to hear what it is.

Originally posted by MegaPrime33+Dec 10 2005, 11:01 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MegaPrime33 @ Dec 10 2005, 11:01 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-qwa_raig
@Dec 10 2005, 08:33 PM
I just hope it's because they're working hard in finalizing the 2006 product plan. I've been waiting awhile to hear what it is.
[snapback]1133350[/snapback]​
[/b]

Its been 4 weeks since I sent a request for a replacement display case. Still no word from any human being at Customer Care. the only emails i get from them are the ones they send out right after you send them an email telling you that they will get right back to you.

I dont see why the whole MR CS office is handling the '06 product plan. :confused

Nash - the few times I've needed replacement cases I've gotten them within a week. Have you called MR and asked to speak to a supervisor? That will usually get you a replacement label and order number right away. If not, PM Amy and I'm sure she'll hook you up when you get home.

NP Jediwannabe :D

~Dave

Originally posted by qwa_raig@Dec 10 2005, 04:33 PM

I'd suspect it's that Amy is on vacation (a much deserved one), and it's the holidays, so I'm sure MR is burning the midnight oil to get the product plan out...

I'd steer clear of crazy glue - I think it is too brittle to be used for the grips at least - it won't expand with the grips (with the changes in heat, etc) and the bonds will eventually shatter.

~Dave

Originally posted by Scarecrow@Dec 11 2005, 04:24 PM
Krazy Glue works fine one both accounts.
[snapback]1133693[/snapback]​

So I purchased a 2 part epoxy. It says it bonds some plastics but doesn't say rubber. I am wondering if this is ok?

http://pacertechindustrial.supergluecorp.com/syss.html

Super Strength Epoxy Adhesive
Super Strength Epoxy Adhesive automatically dispenses into equal parts with one push. Ready to mix and apply. A 2-part system that is strong when cured. 30 minutes positioning time for parts and can be handled in 7 hours. Formulated to repair, seal, and adhere to numerous materials

Works best on:
Metal, China, Rubber, Wood, Most Plastics, Pottery, Aluminum, Ceramic

Originally posted by Jediwannabe@Jan 15 2006, 03:50 PM
So I purchased a 2 part epoxy.  It says it bonds some plastics but doesn't say rubber.  I am wondering if this is ok?

Super Strength Epoxy Adhesive automatically dispenses into equal parts with one push. Ready to mix and apply. A 2-part system that is strong when cured. 30 minutes positioning time for parts and can be handled in 7 hours. Formulated to repair, seal, and adhere to numerous materials

Works best on:
[snapback]1159858[/snapback]​
It doesn't say "Rubber"?:p

Originally posted by Qui-Gonzalez+Jan 15 2006, 02:09 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Qui-Gonzalez @ Jan 15 2006, 02:09 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Jediwannabe
@Jan 15 2006, 03:50 PM
So I purchased a 2 part epoxy.  It says it bonds some plastics but doesn't say rubber.  I am wondering if this is ok?

Works best on:
[snapback]1159858[/snapback]​
It doesn't say "Rubber"?:p
[snapback]1159892[/snapback]​
[/b]

Actually it doesn't. I did notice (too late) that it said rubber on the website that was selling it but it does not say it on the box. It says:

Ceramic, Glass, Wood, Leather, Fiberglass, Metal, Most Plastics.

Originally posted by nash+Dec 11 2005, 04:17 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nash @ Dec 11 2005, 04:17 AM)</div>
Originally posted by MegaPrime33@Dec 10 2005, 11:01 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-qwa_raig
@Dec 10 2005, 08:33 PM

[snapback]1133350[/snapback]​

Its been 4 weeks since I sent a request for a replacement display case. Still no word from any human being at Customer Care. the only emails i get from them are the ones they send out right after you send them an email telling you that they will get right back to you.

I dont see why the whole MR CS office is handling the '06 product plan. :confused
[snapback]1133358[/snapback]​
[/b]

They're not - they're taking payments on all those EEs and helmets that need to be shipped out this week :D

On the topic - I'd steer clear of krazy glue, particularly for the dooku grips. The person I bought mine from had botched it with that type of adhesive. It sticks really quickly and so it's easy to get them miss-aligned. Also it can leave a residual smell that can last for a long time (mine still smells slightly of the glue when you take the top off the case all this time later.).

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back