Master Replicas Grip Question

Adam72788

Hello,

First and foremost, I apologize if this has already been addressed. I’m new to the forum.

Has anyone noticed any of their Master Replicas Limited Edition lightsaber grips deteriorating over the years? Perhaps getting sticky? Particularly, the lightsabers with rubber grips ie. Anakin Skywalker, Darth Vader, and Luke Skywalker ANH and ESB ones.

I know the Limited Editions used plastic with a rubber coating for the grips. I’ve heard that the Force FX ones break down much easier. Some people have had this issue, while others have not.

I'm on the verge of buying a Factory New un-opened Luke Skywalker A New Hope Elite Edition lightsaber and was just curious. I owned an Anakin Skywalker ROTS lightsaber as a teenager back in 2005, but sold it before I could see how the grips would hold up over time.

Has anyone noticed this with their Luke Skywalker ANH Elite Edition or Anakin Skywalker ROTS lightsabers?

Any help is much appreciated.

Best,

Adam

Wipe them down with an alcohol pad. Should take care of it. This does seem to happen to all of them, though. No way to stop it as far as I know.

it won’t affect the color. You will need a few. I used 7 on my Luke and 13 On my Vader.

if you want more discussion, there are many threads on this topic. The most extensive is here:

Same thing happened to the grip on the First Contact phaser. I wiped mine down with 91% rubbing alcohol and a paper towel and that took care of it.

It happened on my MR FX sabers, but I did not experience the stickiness issue on my MR LE/SE ligthsabers. In particular, it never happened on my Anakin ROTS LE, Anakin AOTC, Windu AOTC nor Vader ANH SE. Not sure if the FX sabers have a different coating than the LE/SE ones.

This happens with the Hasbro Force FX lightsabers too, in particular my Anakin RotS. The fix already suggested works: wipe down with an alcohol wipe. Apparently, rotating your collection display to air out the grips keeps this from happening.

The Master Replicas grips of LE and FX sabers were made of black ABS t-tracks with a (unnecessary) rubber coating. This rubber coating starts to decay and rot in time, becoming sticky and gooey. With alcohol or Goo-gone (in EU with Baufix cleaner) you can remove the rubber coating, leaving just the clean bare ABS t-tracks, as they should have been from the start.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back