Master Replicas Enterprise Nacelle not turning

Refit1701

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I can't believe it's been what, twelve years or more since I got the TOS E. And it doesn't get turned on very often.

So now the starboard nacelle lights and motor do not come on. I have had this issue in the past but a few light bumps and it would get started. I'd leave it on for a few hours and it would seem to be fine.

It's being stubborn this time around. Has anyone had luck bringing it back to life? Maybe a gentle heating with a hair dryer?

Got mine more or less at the same time. Had no problems all this time, BUT, I made it a point to switch it on for a few minutes at least once a month.

Does it do anything when you switch it on (like it's 'trying' to turn / sound, lights etc) ?

MR has a history of faulty lights. The MF is one of them. I have the MF when it first appeared on the market and, as Alan Castillo said: turning the lights once a month, it seems, keeps them working...I'm sure your mileage might differ from other members, here on the board;)

MR has a history of faulty lights. The MF is one of them. I have the MF when it first appeared on the market and, as Alan Castillo said: turning the lights once a month, it seems, keeps them working...I'm sure your mileage might differ from other members, here on the board;)

Yeah, the MR TOS E also had a problem of oil like liquid appearing at the bottom of the nacelles. Thankfully, that didn't happen to me either (phew).

Depending on Refit1701's reply, I have a sneaky suspicion that it's that problem (lubricant ?)

Yeah, the MR TOS E also had a problem of oil like liquid appearing at the bottom of the nacelles. Thankfully, that didn't happen to me either (phew).

Depending on Refit1701's reply, I have a sneaky suspicion that it's that problem (lubricant ?)
Yes, I think you're on to something; the lubricant might be the problem. Would it be possible to see inside or to undo the part? I know that it could be on the level of "Major Surgery"o_O:unsure:

I laid a heating pad over the starboard nacelle and it eventually started up. It's always been that side that acts up. So I think I just forgot to exercise it one a week and let it slip for a year. OOPS. Thanks for the replies!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back