Master Replicas Enterprise...anyone take theirs apart?

Funky

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So I just receieved my MR Enterprise and I love it! Everything works but the bridge lights, which I'm pretty sure is a simple wiring problem. No worries, I can fix it. My only concern is taking apart the dish area to tackle the problem. Has anyone done this or can someone offer some advise on a good way to do this? I can live with it the way it is but it bugs me knowing it is probably a simple fix if I can just get at it! :cry

I called MR, and can you believe it? The number is disconnected! :lol

So I just receieved my MR Enterprise and I love it! Everything works but the bridge lights, which I'm pretty sure is a simple wiring problem. No worries, I can fix it. My only concern is taking apart the dish area to tackle the problem. Has anyone done this or can someone offer some advise on a good way to do this? I can live with it the way it is but it bugs me knowing it is probably a simple fix if I can just get at it! :cry

I called MR, and can you believe it? The number is disconnected! :lol

Yes, they sold out a few years back! The top saucer is glued to the bottom saucer half. You will have to locate the seam and pry it apart. It won't look so good afterwards and will need paint and glue and probably some decals to put it back together though. I still have it apart somewhere, if I can find it I will post a picture of it for you.

Last edited:
Double carp :(

I was assuming that it was not glued, but 'clicked' into place. Didn't want to tell you to try and pry it off as the plastic would have surely buckled if you don't know where the clips are exactly.

Sorry to see it's not the case :(

Pics would be fantastic though spacerone :thumbsup

Isn't it better that it isn't press sealed? That can be tricky sometimes locating each tab and opening without breaking the tabs or warping the plastic.

MR made some pretty well-sealed props. I couldn't figure out how to take apart any of the props I had from them.

I'm wondering if I can get to the wiring by prying off the bridge dome...hmmm....

The Enterprise is screwed and glued together. It uses glue posts and metal reinforcements and screws hidden behind molded covers so you can't see them.

WHY??? you may ask...

Good question, I reply. :lol

FYI...

I found out early-on that many people were taking their replicas apart, messing around with them and then returning them as "defective" and getting a replacement.

Nice.

Or worse...

Removing parts that they wanted (or entire display cases) and returning the remainder (or empty shipping box) for a full refund.

OR...

Removing the copyright texts with acetone (for whatever reason...)

Our fulfillment company never looked at anything so they just replaced or refunded everything with no questions asked. I don't blame them on THAT point, they were just doing what we paid them to do...

But there were a LOT of other "completely-their-stupid-fault" problems with our fulfillment company, so I went in there with a crew of about ten people and looked through THOUSANDS of items over several months. Once I realized all of the problems that were happening, I did several things:

-I reported to the board that we were pissing away millions of dollars due to fraud and accounting/ inventory errors and presented a plan to fix all of that.

-I directed the design people to make replicas MUCH more difficult to take apart and the copyright text was laser-etched AND printed in a MUCH more durable ink.

That'll fix ya. :lol

So the later MR stuff is very difficult to take apart... very-much on purpose.

Don't blame me...blame all of the people who scammed us over the first two years...

So good luck getting that Enterprise apart... :lol

ps: You CAN get the primary hull off the neck by prying the rear impulse cover off and detaching the two screws and wire-connectors inside. I have already done that pretty easily.

There ya go!

Double carp :(

I was assuming that it was not glued, but 'clicked' into place. Didn't want to tell you to try and pry it off as the plastic would have surely buckled if you don't know where the clips are exactly.

Sorry to see it's not the case :(

Pics would be fantastic though spacerone :thumbsup

Here are some pictures of the Master Replicas Enterprise taken apart.

saucerneck-1.jpg

saucer-1.jpg

insidesaucer-1.jpg

topsaucer-1.jpg

bottomsaucer-1.jpg

bottom-1.jpg

Spacerone, is there any additional info on how it was taken apart? Those pics are fantastic!!!

Spacerone, is there any additional info on how it was taken apart? Those pics are fantastic!!!

You will have to start by separating the seam on the saucer section. This was easy for me because when I opened the box for the first time it already had a split in the front of the saucer. So I took a razor knife and went around the entire saucer. But then you will need to break apart the six plastic stud mounts that are glued together that keep the bottom and top saucer sections from separating (see photo). Once you open it up you will have access to screws and electronics that will further take apart the ship.

6studmounttopsaucer.jpg

I would rather live with ALL of the lights going out than to ruin this beautifully made model by screwing around and taking it apart when it wasn't meant to. It will never look the same again. But best of luck, though, you'll need a hefty dose if you ever decided to go through with it. I'm curious to know what happened.

Steve, if you're still reading this, I applaud the efforts you went to that you mentioned a few posts up, but why did you care if people removed the copyright info from their props?

I would be afraid to take one apart... You would never forgive yourself if it broke.

Not only that, but how could you expect her to look near as good ever again. I mean you would have to glue and patch and sand and sand some more and repaint the whole thing. And you would have to use decals where before there was paint. Unless you are one of the few, the créme de la créme of modelers--but honestly I don't believe there are that many folks who can rebuild her and make her better, or as good. I mean, I admire the enthusiasm and the chutzpah, but the reality is what it is.

Hey there! New to this forum.

Has anyone opened up the warp nacelles? All of my lights work, but one of the spinners has stopped spinning.

I have some ex ILM modeler friends and provided I knew it could be done without utterly destroying the model, I might be able to recruit them.

Thanks!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back