Master Replica doing costume?!?

I think it's cool. I am eagerly awaiting the Jedi costumes. Anyone have any more detailed info on these? When they'll be available? How much they'll cost? To what extent they'll be sizeable? Other features?

Sean

Have the Episode 3 Anakin saber. Have to get the costume to match. Will have to start saving for it now. Hope it's not too expensive. :D

Originally posted by BigBadBat@Feb 13 2006, 11:52 PM
Strange but cool.  :)
[snapback]1183810[/snapback]​

MR are having enough issues with some helmets right now, I dont think it's a good time for them to be expanding their product line when they can't even get the Vader helmets done.

Originally posted by masterjedi322@Feb 13 2006, 05:27 PM
I think it's cool. I am eagerly awaiting the Jedi costumes. Anyone have any more detailed info on these? When they'll be available? How much they'll cost? To what extent they'll be sizeable? Other features?

Originally MR had said they would be made from materials that were used for the screen worn versions. But, from the looks of the prototype images on Rebelscum, they are not going that way anymore. There's no news on whether it will be sizeable or not or cost or much of anything. But seeing as the materials seem fairly cheap it looks as if they may have abandoned the idea of it being a collectible costume.

From someone who spent half a year researching and trying to create a fairly accurate Anakin ROTS costume, the MR prototype seen at Toy Fair looks to me like a decent-at-best fan made costume. The materials look shabby, the tabbards fake, the glove looks worse than the Rubies, and the belt doiesn't even have a screen accurate buckle. I was selling 20 of the buckles on eBay a couple weeks ago. Maybe someone at MR should check eBay if they need a buckle? The boots look like those cheap Singapore made ones on eBay. The robe is more the correct Obi Wan color.

Overall I am not very happy seeing the direction MR is going with the Ani costume. I just hope it's not too expensive.

Icons did the exact same thing, went beyond their capabilities,
and look where they are now..

Originally posted by DarthKahnt+Feb 13 2006, 08:20 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DarthKahnt @ Feb 13 2006, 08:20 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-BigBadBat
@Feb 13 2006, 11:52 PM
Strange but cool.  :)
[snapback]1183810[/snapback]​

MR are having enough issues with some helmets right now, I dont think it's a good time for them to be expanding their product line when they can't even get the Vader helmets done.
[snapback]1183823[/snapback]​
[/b]

Once again, APPRENTICE REPLICAS plan to corner more than they can, and at the end, the results talk for theyself...:

- Problems with the Rocketeer helmet...
- Problems with the Clone helmets (paint problems, dents, lost COA plaques... in all the styles... yellow, blue, white......)
- Problems withthe Vader helmet...
Should I go on ??

I know that is a prototype, but the other sitem with faults were not prototypes ...

For what we pay, and for what they charge, there must be NO errors ... (no time for excuse like: "ohh yes,, is our first time with this...".

I really hope they went back to the original idea for the costumes, and used screen used materials and fabrics, and use the original patterns...

EDIT: for spelling

You're right, but at the end of the day things do go wrong from time to time and as long as they correct it, it is all good.

MR has great customer service. :)

You don't buy a new stereo for your car before you patch the hole in your radiator. It's common sense. Stretching your resources even thinner will not alleviate your problems

Was on MR's site yesterday and saw that they added a MARVEL section. Perhaps this will be released.. Didn't see any products under the MARVEL section though, just a blank page..

<div class='quotetop'>(bothanspy @ Feb 13 2006, 08:37 PM) [snapback]1183604[/snapback]</div>

I do not want to be rude, but, Wake up. Those costumes were only there for promotional purposes. I saw that Anakin costume on eBay. Where is the MR news about it? I am a MR collector and never received anything about that. That will never happen. I am sorry If I am wrong. :unsure

<div class='quotetop'>(LogansRunner @ Jul 17 2006, 12:58 PM) [snapback]1282503[/snapback]</div>
Was on MR's site yesterday and saw that they added a MARVEL section. Perhaps this will be released.. Didn't see any products under the MARVEL section though, just a blank page..
[/b]
The MARVEL stuff will be a Spider-Man statuette, Spider-Man mask/head (regular size and scaled versions), scaled 1940's Captain America Shield and Spider-Man #1 Comic Book Scene Replica.

<div class='quotetop'>(Kyle Katarn The Rebel Agent @ Jul 17 2006, 03:27 PM) [snapback]1282569[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(bothanspy @ Feb 13 2006, 08:37 PM) [snapback]1183604[/snapback]

I do not want to be rude, but, Wake up. Those costumes were only there for promotional purposes. I saw that Anakin costume on eBay. Where is the MR news about it? I am a MR collector and never received anything about that. That will never happen. I am sorry If I am wrong. :unsure
[/b][/quote]

Actually I got an email from them way back when that this would be a potential offering in their SW line. But like you I don't anticipate anything to come of it.

<div class='quotetop'>(oxbeard @ Jul 17 2006, 06:22 PM) [snapback]1282656[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(Kyle Katarn The Rebel Agent @ Jul 17 2006, 03:27 PM) [snapback]1282569[/snapback]
<div class='quotetop'>(bothanspy @ Feb 13 2006, 08:37 PM) [snapback]1183604[/snapback]

[/b][/quote]

Actually I got an email from them way back when that this would be a potential offering in their SW line. But like you I don't anticipate anything to come of it.
[/b][/quote]

hello there. Could u post that email for us?

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back