Master Chief suit.

Rebo

:D First post and fingers crossed. :D

I'm planning on making a wearable Master Chief suit for occasional and mannequin use.

I know thats suits are being sold out there,but these are a little to expensive for me to justify buying to the Missus. :unsure

What I really need is good reference shots of the suit showing lots of detail..

I plan, for the most part on building up using plastic corrugated card (readly available to me from work) and then fibreglassing over the top.

I would guess it would be wishful thinking that there is a tutorial knocking about?.

Anyone fancy posting pictures of their own efforts or suits please feel free as I would love to see them, as i'm sure others would too.

Rebo...

Your armour Mr Briars is without a doubt absolutley AWESOME...
I love the battle hardened look its got about it.
The Pictures on your site will help me out loads, thanks for that.

I will say though looking at your armour, I never realised there were so many curved surfaces, ho hum :confused . I always assumed it would have been alot sharper and angled, you know polygonised.

Top site though...

Anyone else care to post a picture or link, as you can never have enough reference material before you start a project.

if you have a hastings book store near by they carry a book called the art of halo which is a good reference

or the book to walk you through the game is also good

Briar

I too am trying my go at a full set of armor, I have a lot of Refrence Pics, that I would be willing to share.. They already include Briars Images, as well as alot of the Nightmare Armor Studios Images ( I live right down the street from them.) and some random images I have as well..

They can be Accessed Here

Hope this helps, and if you come across anything I don't have please send them this way.

pfcGentry@Gmail.com

Some nice shots in there pFc, thankyou and please post any prgress you make.

A picture I have just found Here is excellent, just wish I could find a back view of it. There might have been one, but the site is not in English and I was rushed for time, might bable it once I get the chance.
front_oxmox.jpg

Anyone know the makers of the model?.

Is Hastings book store in the Uk?.

I thought there might have been a little more input on this topic. :unsure
I'll post pictures of any progress I make then it might gain a little more interest.

What I might do is attempt to prototype the Cod-piece over the weekend if work permits, Should be fun.:)

Also, If I can work it out as I go along i'll try and make templates of the different pieces. Might get people building along with me that way.

If you still don't have all you need, you might try googling up some xbox hacks to get the actual 3d mesh file. I was reading on a halo pistol thread here (http://www.rpf.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=84998&st=50#) that it is possible to get the actual 3d model from the a halo disk. 'Doesn't get much more accurate than that. Might be more trouble than its worth if you don't know how to use the output in a cad tool, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

Thanks for the idea Slave I might look into it, but on saying that look at what I just found Here..

This is what I'm going to aim for...
Lol, and I thought it was a desktop model. :confused

Some really really nice models on the rest of the site that might interest others.

Damn nightshift, I want to get started now. :p

Originally posted by Rebo@Aug 17 2005, 12:28 PM
Thanks for the idea Slave I might look into it, but on saying that look at what I just found Here..

This is what I'm going to aim for...
Lol, and I thought it was a desktop model. :confused

Some really really nice models on the rest of the site that might interest others.

Damn nightshift, I want to get started now. :p
[snapback]1059606[/snapback]​

Dayam thats big. Should be a good ref.

Glad I can help I will also post pics on what I have as I get time to work on it, I am always busy, but so far I have started the gloves.

That pic of the model is great thanks I did not have that one...

Originally posted by slave1driver@Aug 17 2005, 03:57 PM
If you still don't have all you need, you might try googling up some xbox hacks to get the actual 3d mesh file.  I was reading on a halo pistol thread here (http://www.rpf.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=84998&st=50#) that it is possible to get the actual 3d model from the a halo disk. 'Doesn't get much more accurate than that.  Might be more trouble than its worth if you don't know how to use the output in a cad tool, but I thought I'd throw it out there.
[snapback]1059574[/snapback]​

Speaking of that very thing, here is a link to a guy who did just that. This guy extracted the 3D mesh file and unfolded it to run it through his color printer.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jmandmc/costume1.html

Do we have anybody here capable of this?

Lol, that is so cool.. :thumbsup

slave1, looks like your idea wasn't so far out there after all, fairplay mate.. :confused

A little searching and I found this little app that is able to unfold various 3d file types....

Software Extension Content to Load
Wavefront obj * Shape Data
* UV coordinate for texture
AutoCAD dxf * Shape Data
* layer
Metasequoia mqo * Shape Data
* material
* object list
3D Studio 3ds * Shape Data
* material
Lightwave lwo * Shape Data
* material

Means diddly squit, to me anyone fancy doing a little unfolding?.

That is very cool
Thank you for sharing that

Originally posted by clonesix+Aug 19 2005, 05:01 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(clonesix @ Aug 19 2005, 05:01 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-slave1driver
@Aug 17 2005, 03:57 PM
If you still don't have all you need, you might try googling up some xbox hacks to get the actual 3d mesh file.  I was reading on a halo pistol thread here (http://www.rpf.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=84998&st=50#) that it is possible to get the actual 3d model from the a halo disk. 'Doesn't get much more accurate than that.   Might be more trouble than its worth if you don't know how to use the output in a cad tool, but I thought I'd throw it out there.
[snapback]1059574[/snapback]​

Speaking of that very thing, here is a link to a guy who did just that. This guy extracted the 3D mesh file and unfolded it to run it through his color printer.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jmandmc/costume1.html

Do we have anybody here capable of this?
[snapback]1061403[/snapback]​
[/b]

It is a desk top model 12.6 inches
there was one on ebay going for about $300.00

It looks just like the full size Muckle mannequin.

Originally posted by TK648@Aug 20 2005, 06:10 AM

It looks  just like the full size Muckle mannequin.
[snapback]1061674[/snapback]​

Are you sure, the site says it's 190cm tall.
How bigs your desk then.. :p

Originally posted by Rebo+Aug 20 2005, 08:04 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rebo @ Aug 20 2005, 08:04 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-TK648
@Aug 20 2005, 06:10 AM

It looks  just like the full size Muckle mannequin.
[snapback]1061674[/snapback]​

Are you sure, the site says it's 190cm tall.
How bigs your desk then.. :p
[snapback]1061798[/snapback]​
[/b]

My desk is L shaped and big enough for two computers and alot of
paper work, most of which is crap :lol

I am sure about the size
Muckle Mannequins made two statues
the full size display mannequin
and the one that is made for a desk or shelf display
and I belive both were sculpted by the same studio

check these links
Muckle Mannequins
there is a quick menu button on the bottom right of the page
Note: The entire site is in German

And this one shows the assembly instructions for the Halo MC mannequin

MC assembly instructions

Enjoy

Originally posted by TK648@Aug 27 2005, 06:45 PM
Any body have any up dates on their halo projects

TK648
[snapback]1066682[/snapback]​

Well I made the rough shape for the front of the cod-piece, which looked pretty good, but screwed up on fiberglassing it. Now im in the process of picking and chipping all the resin and matt off it :angry .

You lot make it sound easy..lol swines... :p

I think I need to invest in some better materials as I was using auto-repair resin and glass-matt which cured before I had a chance to layup properly. It set within in 3minutes with tufts of glass bridging contours and not bedded. I think it was more down to me than anything else being to generous with the hardener.. :unsure you live and learn.

What brand and so on do you lot use to fiberglass with?.
Any tips?.

Originally posted by Rebo+Aug 27 2005, 03:05 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rebo @ Aug 27 2005, 03:05 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-TK648
@Aug 27 2005, 06:45 PM
Any body have any up dates on their halo projects

TK648
[snapback]1066682[/snapback]​

Well I made the rough shape for the front of the cod-piece, which looked pretty good, but screwed up on fiberglassing it. Now im in the process of picking and chipping all the resin and matt off it :angry .

You lot make it sound easy..lol swines... :p

I think I need to invest in some better materials as I was using auto-repair resin and glass-matt which cured before I had a chance to layup properly. It set within in 3minutes with tufts of glass bridging contours and not bedded. I think it was more down to me than anything else being to generous with the hardener.. :unsure you live and learn.

What brand and so on do you lot use to fiberglass with?.
Any tips?.
[snapback]1066744[/snapback]​
[/b]

I don't mess with the polyester resin,
I slush cast or brush in some polyurethane resin for the detail coat
when it gels enough, it gets a second coat, when that gels then I lay in the fiber glass cloth
with more urethane resin,
I use smooth on resin's and silicones mostly

TK648

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back