Master Chief Gear - Paintball Style

ChuckNorrisAmen

This is one of my areas where I've sacrificed details for functionality and practicality. However, I am happy with the results.

My helmet, which has gone through a history of variations, from steel to fiberglass, is finally to the point where I am pleased enough to set the project aside. My sculpting skills were not enough to fulfill this project, so I used a Halo 3 Legendary helmet display as my base. First came the plaster-wrapped version:

173a9700.jpg

Next I peeled the wrap off from the existing helmet and managed to piece it back together as best I could, and then mended pieces with more wrap. I coated the interior of the shell with Turtle Wax (which worked amazingly well) and fiberglassed it as much as possible. Once hardened, *most* of the shell came away easily.

efde2280.jpg

And with a little luck, some hardware pieces, and paint, here we are. It's lacking in the traditional details of Master Chief's helmet, but the idea is there.

a46ff267.jpg

And the interior -

65045ca3.jpg

And the gloves that I use - nothing special, just a couple of aluminum pieces...

ddbb0774.jpg

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back