Master Chief Gear - Paintball Style

ChuckNorrisAmen

This is one of my areas where I've sacrificed details for functionality and practicality. However, I am happy with the results.

My helmet, which has gone through a history of variations, from steel to fiberglass, is finally to the point where I am pleased enough to set the project aside. My sculpting skills were not enough to fulfill this project, so I used a Halo 3 Legendary helmet display as my base. First came the plaster-wrapped version:

173a9700.jpg

Next I peeled the wrap off from the existing helmet and managed to piece it back together as best I could, and then mended pieces with more wrap. I coated the interior of the shell with Turtle Wax (which worked amazingly well) and fiberglassed it as much as possible. Once hardened, *most* of the shell came away easily.

efde2280.jpg

And with a little luck, some hardware pieces, and paint, here we are. It's lacking in the traditional details of Master Chief's helmet, but the idea is there.

a46ff267.jpg

And the interior -

65045ca3.jpg

And the gloves that I use - nothing special, just a couple of aluminum pieces...

ddbb0774.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.