Massive Predator Pictures Online Archive?

PredatrHuntr

Master Member
Over the years I've been collecting Predator related pictures and saving them on my hard drive. I have roughly about 9GB of heads, Bios, suits, and artwork from both the internet and the Lair. These pictures include any and everything related to Predator - sculpts in progress, artwork...glyphs, screen caps from the movies, hands being created...you name it and chances are that I have it.

Here's the question...I think that it would be extremely useful to share this with the entire Predator community, but I'm not sure 100% how to make that possible. When I first started drawing Preds, I searched all the online sources that I could find but it wasn't easy. I'd like to make that process a little easier for other members and any new members that come on board looking to create something but need a little more resource or reference photos.

Years ago Savage Yautja (Mark) had the idea to send a few people 2 disc CD's that had all his reference photos. I've since lost those CD's and was thinking there must be a way to put these online instead of having to burn CD's.

I originally wanted to upload them all to the Lair, but that process is slow and tedious. I'm looking at burning it all to a couple DVD's and sending them to someone who can upload it to some sort of file sharing website. I just don't have the time to spend uploading 9GB's of pics!

I'd like to hear of any ideas you guys might have about the best way to share these photos with everyone on the Lair...

Hmmm.... not entirely sure about how this would work. But, I know that files can be compressed and 'Zip'ed to make the the original files smaller but not sure how that would turn out on 9GB of stuff lol also not sure if zip files are made private to the person that compressed them.

Other than that, people are signed up to media sharing site like the sites used to PEP files etc, not sure how big that would be to upload but should be ok but not an expert in this lol

I've never uploaded large files before. Can you upload large files? Obviously it wouldn't be a full 9GB, but smaller chunks. I'm just not sure if there is a free hosting site that even allows this kind of thing, or if they have restrictions like max upload files, limited download speed/size.

Just looking at the options right now...

I can help if you want. I run several large sites and could easily host 9GB of files, I have over 50Gb sitting just for my work stuff...
It might be nice to put them in categories as well and make a little "site" for it.

Let me know!

Easiest thing to do is to wait until Art hammers out the Lair's storage gallery. It is unlimited space at this point when sections already created as gallery folders. Once that is fixed you could upload your archive to that.

Might make the most sense to keep it all contained on the Lair's servers. Free and accessible for all.

I'd love to host it directly on the Lair as long as the upload process is fairly easy. I thought about going through each picture and renaming them to suit what the picture was describing, but I just don't have time to go through each and every one of them. If the Lair had a gallery with each category laid out it, then that would be the best solution. I'll send Art a message and see what he says ;)

Like I said, I can easily build this for you guys, free and accessible to all... I'm certainly not trying to rip them off somehow and post them on my own site and charge $20 or anything like that. If I can help the community I'm more than willing to do it, and this is one thing I am good at.

For the description stuff you wouldn't have to name each file, but put them into folders that would help a user find what they are looking for. Though the overall structure would have to be thought through, like "in film", "behind the scenes", "fan made". Then inside each of those you could do "masks", "skins", etc.

Or there's 12 other ways they could be structured...
But I too would like to see 9Gb of files, and can easily upload and host them. It's my real life job.

Thanks for the offer! Once I talk with Art and see what his ideas are, I'll get back to you and see what direction we take from there. Thanks again!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back