Mass Effect: Phantom/ N7 Shadow armor

Freya Willia

Hey RPF, I'm back after a few month hiatus. My next armor project will be the multi-named armor from Mass Effect 3/DLC, I've seen it called Phantom, Armax, and Shadow armor but basically the color combination I am going for is most like the N7 Shadow:
Screen Shot 2015-01-19 at 8.31.54 PM.png

I don't have a lot of progress to show yet but I have bought several stretch black fabrics that I am messing around with this week to find out what parts of this costume I want to be solid, and which parts I will make flexible with foam or fabric. Even in the early stages I feel like I could make this suit more comfortable, ventilated, and all around more pleasant to wear than my N7 armor. Not that the N7 suit is too bad, for what it is.

lowportraitweb.jpg

This is what I've done so far. Making templates out of trash and scrap foam. The chest plate is vac-formed styrene from the same body cast I used for the above armor. I'm not going into as many details about that in this thread but basically I molded some body parts out of plaster that I can re-use for heat forming plastic.

phantom.jpg

Exciting adventures with sewing stretch vinyl, pleather, and athletic mesh await.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back