Mass Effect omni-blade?

knightcaptain

I apologise if this is in the wrong thread - I'm new here and don't have quite the amount of time to get used to the site as I'd like because I'm actually in the lab right now on my phone (no tags on this thread because my phone is being a weenie). I should be working with brain tissue atm, and here I am on therpf instead. What can you do. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Regardless, I'm working on a Mass Effect cosplay right now - I've got the helmet and an assault rifle going currently, and I'll do the male N7 armour (I'm a girl but I don't want to deal with the absurdity of boob armour because it's impractical, but that's a different story) once I'd done with the helmet, rifle, and omni-blade. Thing is, I haven't been able to find a good layout of the omni-blade. I've found a number of ooold pepakura files, but whenever I try to access them, I get an error message, so I was wondering if anyone had the files saved, archived, or otherwise? Even if someone could just point me in the right direction, I'd be forever grateful! An unfolded pepakura file would be preferred, to note.

This, IMO, is the best ME build. It might help even though she did the boob armor: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=159296 There's pep files (including Omni-blade) here: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=186674 .

The former doesn't have a pattern/laid out (to-scale) design of the omni-tool (at least that I saw; I'm still on my phone as my computer is in for repairs), and the former has the problem I mentioned earlier, where the pep files bring up error messages. I'd looked through both threads earlier for the omni-blade peps; I have the armour already. Thanks for trying, though, haha!

You can always draw out rough patterns on paper to scale with you first, and adjust as you go. The real trick is then transferring your design onto plastic and assembling the thing, I'd imagine.

If you're willing to make the armor from scratch, then going that extra step for the omni-blade shouldn't be that big of a stretch.

You can always draw out rough patterns on paper to scale with you first, and adjust as you go. The real trick is then transferring your design onto plastic and assembling the thing, I'd imagine.

If you're willing to make the armor from scratch, then going that extra step for the omni-blade shouldn't be that big of a stretch.

I crafted my armour layouts with a great deal of difficulty - they're VERY time-consuming because I'm too exacting, and I'm not as good with rounding portions, so I was hoping there would be a pep to save me the effort that goes into designing my own.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back