Mass Effect II M96 Mattock Heavy Rifle build

Re: Mass Effect II M96 Mattock build

Excellent build it is truly impressive what you accomplished and I love seeing people achieve big results without thousands of dollars worth of tools.

On a side note do you have any recommendations on scroll saws. I about to get my first garage and I am looking forward to upgrading from foam and paper builds to MDF. From your work it seems a scroll saw and sander would be an excllent first foray into tools.

Excellent build it is truly impressive what you accomplished and I love seeing people achieve big results without thousands of dollars worth of tools.

On a side note do you have any recommendations on scroll saws. I about to get my first garage and I am looking forward to upgrading from foam and paper builds to MDF. From your work it seems a scroll saw and sander would be an excllent first foray into tools.

Thanks for your compliment! fancy tools? we dont need no stinkin tools! Mine is an older Ryobi. No idea if its good or not, but since I'm used to It I wouldnt trade it for the world. Kommissar, I used a standard sanding drum. (60 grit, I think?) and finished with 90 grit sandpaper.

Its all done now, after like a 3 week vacation.

2m96.jpg

5m96.jpg

4m96.jpg

3m96.jpg

1m96.jpg

Full build at my blog:

Prop Design by Zander Brandt

Last edited:

Seriously well done on this build! I especially like the finished paint job and weathering. I just finished a Mass Effect 3 gun myself (N7 Pistol). Anyone else stoked for this game or what?! =D

It's beautiful. I love guns with that style of handle grip for some reason and this tops them all.

Wow! This is definitely up there in the top ten of RPF builds!

Thanks! that means a lot.

chinbeard, I never played mass effect. The only games I've played in the last 5 years are starcraft II and TF2. Too dang busy! I do like your pistols.

And thanks to everyone else for the encouragement. I wont be casting this one (because I havent casted before and dont want to ruin 2 gallons of silicone) because I need to ship this out asap. I plan on making another master in between commissions. I will cast that one when things settle a bit.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back