Mass Effect Femshep N7 Armor Build

O.k...my bad about those holes. :whistle: Love the pic showing the 3 boxes and the process of always refining the object until close to the look you want to achieve; great work(y)(y)

This is not related to the armor, but I printed a super cool Alliance stand for my Carnifex out of bronze PLA! The model is by StarJeff and can be found here: Stand for Carnifex (reupload of StarJeff's stand) by jessthemullet

Jeff is an amazing modeler and a great guy! Check out all the amazing Mass Effect models he has done including the Asari Disciple which is ******* amazing:
He was very willing to share his files with me so I can try making a version with the Mass Effect logo.

20201203_135122.jpg
20201203_135722.jpg

Last edited:
IMG_20210106_002246_500.jpg

I'm staying my parents long term, so I haven't been able to work on cosplay much, but I've been working on modeling the M-23 Katana shotgun 3D printing! I chose the Katana because it is one of the very few guns that are also in ME1 (as well as 2, 3, and Andromeda) and it is one of the first guns for Vanguards. I don't see many Mass Effect cosplayers with this gun so I'm very excited to print it!

This thing is far more complicated than I expected though. My model is highly detailed and extremely accurate. I'm very happy with my progress so far, so here is a side-by-side comparison with my reference! I'm using the ME3 and Andromeda models in XNALara for reference and Fusion 360 for modeling.

Would anyone be interested in purchasing this model to print one for themselves?

Last edited:
I know, I know. I am the worst! But I didnt like how the original breastplate looked. It wasn't accurate enough to the game model, so I made a whole new pattern and whole new breastplate. Working on sanding it now, so here is the progress.

20210205_191541.jpg

It's hard to see but you can tell that the shape and lines are much more accurate than the old breastplate.
bpfront.JPG

20201202_165953.jpg

However I'm having a lot more difficulty with it this time because Styrospray gets thick and doesn't cure in cold weather. I am really hoping it turns out smooth.

Also, when I purchased the carbon fiber vinyl I used in the old one (4D), I could not find the type of vinyl accurate to the game (plain weave/grid 2D). However I finally found it and will be replacing all the 4D vinyl with this new 2D vinyl. The 4D one is more like the Andromeda armor as you can see here.

PicsArt_02-03-04.24.53.jpg

Left is Andromeda and right is ME3.

Looking good (y) That vinyl could be used on the Blade Runner 2049 blaster;)
Yes, I have a growing collection of all different kinds of carbon fiber vinyl now I have several new samples on the way. I need an excuse to use it all! I'm planning to use some of it on a custom lightsaber.

I've been promising an updated version of my FemShep breastplate pattern and it's finally here! The pattern’s design has been updated to be more accurate to the game model and to be more curvaceous. It also now includes full picture tutorials on technical grading and assembly!

PicsArt_02-09-08.55.56.jpg
gif preview.gif

Compared to the image, I think that your new pattern (piece in the middle of the two breasts) lacks that curve/trapeze at the bottom to make it narrower. But, besides that, it`s looking good.

Compared to the image, I think that your new pattern (piece in the middle of the two breasts) lacks that curve/trapeze at the bottom to make it narrower. But, besides that, it`s looking good.
It is narrower in the actual pattern, but once I heat formed the foam after assembly, it warped into a slightly wider shape unfortunately. I've since filled the lines with spot putty and tried to narrow it again, but didn't succeed as much as I'd hoped.

Here is a photo after my narrowing attempt. You can see especially on the right side it is noticably narrower but I didnt want to damage the integrity of the outer shell anymore.

20210211_223426.jpg

Not bad, I think that the end of those lines, toward the bottom of the breast should be closer together...maybe one inch of those lines narrowing toward the bottom would be sufficient;)

Old belt buckle vs freshly printed new one! Modeled this a couple days ago. And because I know you're gonna ask, Joberg the new one does in fact have a convex curve! It's hard to see in these photos, but the in-game model is flatter than how I made the old one.
20210213_131307.jpg20210213_135821.jpgbelt.PNGScreenshot_20210213-135740_Drive.jpg

It has been a dark struggle trying to find the correct carbon fiber vinyl that is accurate to ME3. When Freya made her build, that type of 2D vinyl was a lot more popular and now they are already in the 7th generation. I've been posting the difficulties on my IG story, but here they are in case anyone is interested! Perhaps you all will find the nuances of carbon fiber vinyl and all the generations of it just as interesting as I do.

IMG_20210224_073935_416.jpgIMG_20210224_073940_087.jpgIMG_20210224_073942_707.jpgIMG_20210224_073945_377.jpgIMG_20210224_073948_249.jpgIMG_20210224_073950_803.jpg

You're getting pretty deep down the rabbit hole vinyl-wise! That's awesome, attention to detail in a build is always great to see. I'm sure whatever you settle on the end result will be great.

It's looking good...and I didn't ask because, in the end, you are the one you has to be happy with your build (y) (y) :cool: :cool:
Haha I am just teasing you joberg. I value your input and feedback! That's why I post here. Without your encouragement, I wouldn't have changed that back light piece and I would have ended up unhappy.

Haha I am just teasing you joberg. I value your input and feedback! That's why I post here. Without your encouragement, I wouldn't have changed that back light piece and I would have ended up unhappy.
Thanks for the feed back; it`s appreciated:)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back