Mass Effect Femshep N7 Armor Build

I've started on the back/neck piece! I'm using 8mm foam with 2mm for the details. I cut the details with my Cricut machine.

20201113_233831.jpg20201114_012952.jpg

Last edited:
20201120_165807.jpg

Finished 3D modeling, printing, and painting the N7 emblem and the hand, knuckle, and finger armor! I've been using Fusion 360 to model a few parts that are too annoying to do with foam. I had already done the N7 on the breastplate with vinyl, but I'm changing up a few things about it . And yes I know I didn't sand some of the parts all the way! I was lazy so please don't look too closely at the 3D printing lines lol. Printed on Ender 3 V2.

Here's close up of the knuckle armor.
20201121_115447.jpg

I've found that the knee armor and possibly part of the shoe is the exact same shape, so I can just scale up the knuckle model for those parts.

20201121_123113.jpg

Made some changes to the model for accuracy and reprinted it!

PicsArt_11-22-02.05.14.jpg

Comparison of old (right) vs new (left):

20201122_015009.jpg

What do you all think?

Last edited:
Compared to the pic of the actual design, yours should taper more. As you can see, the form should be of a long trapeze.;)

Compared to the pic of the actual design, yours should taper more. As you can see, the form should be of a long trapeze.;)
Though I agree that the original is skinnier in width. Unfortunately I don't have Shepard's body proportions . The piece is proportional to the rest of the back and neck armor, which is shorter and slightly wider than Shepard's!

I understand that the proportion might not be the same, but it could help with the overall look of the costume if that piece was tapering.
I know, I'm nitpicking but it would be a shame to have that piece as a rectangle since the costume is, so far, very well made. As you know, it's the details that are important (it's the tree that makes the forest type of thinking);) Main thing is that you're happy with it, that's what count in the end(y)

I understand that the proportion might not be the same, but it could help with the overall look of the costume if that piece was tapering.
I know, I'm nitpicking but it would be a shame to have that piece as a rectangle since the costume is, so far, very well made. As you know, it's the details that are important (it's the tree that makes the forest type of thinking);) Main thing is that you're happy with it, that's what count in the end(y)

Alright; you've convinced me. I had to spend a whole day learning new tricks in Fusion to get this right! But now I will have printed this piece 4 times :( This project better be worth all the $ in PLA filament!

Alright; you've convinced me. I had to spend a whole day learning new tricks in Fusion to get this right! But now I will have printed this piece 4 times :( This project better be worth all the $ in PLA filament!

I also fixed a couple details on the light window.
?hash=5c82b8b2c9903d01447a98b3e7ce4afd.jpg

PicsArt_11-24-12.41.34.jpg

PicsArt_11-24-12.42.56.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-b4f3628727f864e0246b75fc1d56697d-V.jpg
    IMG-b4f3628727f864e0246b75fc1d56697d-V.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 77
Much better look now. I don't think there's holes around that central piece, just solid half-round pieces radiating around the main circle. Love also the way you've arched the whole box. Keep up the good work (y) (y)

Much better look now. I don't think there's holes around that central piece, just solid half-round pieces radiating around the main circle. Love also the way you've arched the whole box. Keep up the good work (y) (y)
There are holes! But only 6 of them are lit. I actually have some additional plastic that is going to go behind the holes when I do the lighting.

Screenshot_20201124-103806_Drive.jpg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back