Mass Effect Femshep N7 Armor Build

IMG_20190601_185449_960.jpg

Patterning the abs!

Last edited:
Here are some progress photos of the neck guard and a harness system I am working on. I think I am going to make a press mold for foam clay with one of the knuckle pieces so I can have them all be uniform.

20190613_022330.jpg20190613_022351.jpg

Last edited:
I saw your heatgun lying on the floor in post #25; bad idea if you want your apartment to catch fire.
Always park that thing on its rear somewhere safe.For your consideration

Do you have a pair of gloves your gonna attach everything to? curious what your gonna due with the foam pieces... :unsure: and also for the neck guard are you gonna use snap's or velcro? (y)

Last edited:
Do you have a pair of gloves your gonna attach everything to? curious what your gonna due with the foam pieces... :unsure: and also for the neck guard are you gonna use snap's or vecro? (y)

Yes I will be sewing a pair of gloves and I'm also going to sew the bodysuit. For the neckguard I haven't decided but I am leaning toward velcro on the inside and snaps somewhere else.

I also did a slight repaint. Here is the process to get the black metallic finish:

Step 1) Lay down some flat black primer.

Step 2) With a technique I learned from @astonmartini_victorvoyeur, mist with a metallic black "stainless steel." Make sure you do not cover! Only mist.

Step 3) Go over with a satin top coat for the perfect finish. I do not recommend a glossy finish as gloss brings out blemishes and can look tacky.

Step 4) Weathering! Add dry brushing with silver paint and a stiff chip brush for dimension and contrast! This is the most important step. Highly recommend the Punished Props Academy video on dry brushing for this.

PicsArt_06-18-05.21.27.pngIMG_20190618_173259_903.jpg

Last edited:
for your straps did you sew them all the way threw the foam? or did you do a shallow "hook" stitch that's hidden in the "middle" of the foam? and also the foam finger pieces you made for your gloves, does it stay "squishy" or is it rock hard?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back