Mass Effect Femshep N7 Armor Build

For the breastplate, I started with one of Kamui Cosplay's patterns to use as a base.
Here is a comparison of the breastplate before and after a little heat shaping and trimming. Detailing is sooo important! Just a little bit of extra work put into shaping, trimming, sanding, and symmetry goes a long way.
I will be covering all my foam pieces with Styrospray 1000, but before I could do that with this piece I had to do a lot more detailing. Just this one piece took a lot more heating and a lot more dremmeling to get it to look as symmetrical and professional as I can possibly get it to be. Just goes to show how valuable time and attention are for any project. The breastplate is, in my opinion, the most difficult piece of this suit so I'm going to spend a lot of time on it. This took about an hour and half on 05/16/2019

Last edited:
From 5/25 to 5/27 I've been coating the piece with Styrospray 1000. I've done 5 coats with six hours of drying time in between as well as some sanding and detail. I added the 5th and final coat today and will begin sanding and detailing before priming and finally painting. Please check out the videos in my Instagram highlights for more information on the Styrospray 1000 as well as photos of the process.

IMG_20190526_201410_355.jpg

Last edited:
IMG_20190529_162528_367.jpg

The last couple days I have been sanding and priming and test painting. I really wish there was a faster way to sand. I have a Black and Decker Mouse detail sander, but I've found that it is much more effective to sand by hand with 80 and 120 grit sandpaper. However, it takes a really long time to do it that way and is physically tiring to do with the Florida heat. Any advice appreciated.

Last edited:
you can buy the sanding "block's" in different grit's. they are foam block's with rough to fine grit's, you can "kinda" form them to the curves of your project etc. I have 2 and I love them. I've never used foam so I wouldnt know what kind of dremal/rotary tool would be good without tearing up the foam... :unsure:

you can buy the sanding "block's" in different grit's. they are foam block's with rough to fine grit's, you can "kinda" form them to the curves of your project etc. I have 2 and I love them. I've never used foam so I wouldnt know what kind of dremal/rotary tool would be good without tearing up the foam... :unsure:

The EVA foam is covered in Styrospray 1000 so it actually has a hard plastic shell!

Keep going! I love a good Shep suit! Get rid of TV and you will find hours more time in a week to work on this! (Speaking from experience, haven't watched TV since 2000.

Baz.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back