Mass Effect Blood Dragon WIP (slowly but surely update 1/12)

infymys

Sr Member
I've put my Automail build on hold for a while because of an exhausting work schedule during the holidays. Now that I have a bit more free time, I decided to start a new project.

I have given myself 3.5 months to have this complete for the two major conventions in my area that are both in April.

I really don't recall where I found the pep files but I believe I got them from the 405th and according to the files, they were unfolded by Zero-Sama. So file credit goes to him unless I'm told otherwise.

Reference picture is here.

I will be pepping, glassing, filler, etc. on the helmet but will be using foam for the rest of the armor. The chest armor I most likely will not do (it's seems a little daunting to me) but instead use some creative license on other chest/back armors that may fit the theme.

And initial pep work on the helmet is done:

IMG_20111222_000305.jpg

IMG_20111222_225638.jpg

IMG_20111224_235229.jpg

IMG_20111224_235240.jpg

Next step is the strengthening and application of filler over the next few days. Stay tuned and wish me luck!

Last edited:
Re: Mass Effect Blood Dragon WIP

I think I have the same files :) Pity there aren't any female files. The Blood Dragon armour is my favourite armour of any game bar none. Okay so I do still love my Shae Vizla but this was a super close second ;)

All of which I mean to say : yay I am very excited to see some progress on some Blood Dragon armour ;) Will be following your thread and maybe get the bug to make some myself ;)

Mass Effect 2, Male Shepard BD Armour Ref by ~Troodon80 on deviantART
Have you seen this? The full size file is really nice for references.

Re: Mass Effect Blood Dragon WIP (small update 1/7)

Resin and glassing done. Filler work still a work in progress. A big work in progress. Certain parts had some bad warping and I've been working diligently at repairing it. Lots of sanding later and here I am so far:

IMG_20111228_150825-1.jpg

IMG_20111228_150759-1.jpg

IMG_20120104_115846.jpg

IMG_20120107_175636.jpg

Still a lot of work to do but it's slowly coming along. Next up is more filler, more sanding and hopefully soon and weather permitting, some primer and spot putty as I work up through finer grit sandpaper.

infymys, looks like you've put quite a bit of work into that there Bucket this is awesome stuff bra, i'll be keep an eye on this one for sure subcribed!!!!:cool

I love that suit of armor in ME and can't wait to see how yours comes out. Looking great so far!

Thanks for the replies!

Started the primer stage and filled in a lot of imperfections.

IMG_20120111_011415.jpg

IMG_20120111_011426.jpg

Second coat of primer:

IMG_20120111_111619.jpg

More filler and current status after sanding with 600 grit. It's gotten pretty smooth:

IMG_20120111_171401.jpg

Next up is cutting out the lens area. I'm also trying to figure out a section to cut out and then hinge back on so my head can fit inside since the opening as it is now is too narrow.

I've put my Automail build on hold for a while because of an exhausting work schedule during the holidays. Now that I have a bit more free time, I decided to start a new project.

I have given myself 3.5 months to have this complete for the two major conventions in my area that are both in April.

I really don't recall where I found the pep files but I believe I got them from the 405th and according to the files, they were unfolded by Zero-Sama. So file credit goes to him unless I'm told otherwise.

Do you happen to have the shoulders / rerebraces (upper arms)? I am also working from Zero-Sama's files, but don't have those. That is the one piece that was missing from his collection I downloaded.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back