mass effect 3 salarian scorpion pistol.

LORDXBLACKWOOD

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
After painting up a nerf recon mass effect style for my brother, i figured its time to move on to the real thing. Ive been playing through all the games (and becoming completely obsessed). As soon as i got this gun i loved it.

gun_scorpion.jpg

sat down and figured out how to make templates using adobe illustrator. I came up with this over a couple hours last night.

59419816.jpg

and started transferring over to mdf. Got alot of the base of the handle.

863f1768.jpg

hoping to have this done by monday.

The Salarians have very prawn like hands so that makes sense. The gun is awesome, it pops out these little blue balls that explode.

todays progress.

the angles at the back of the ovals will be covered by the angled bar from the back, no worries there

IMG_9251.jpg

IMG_9252.jpg

Fantastic so far!

One teeny tiny recomendation for you to put this WAY "over the top", use this ---> Glowsticks/ Electroluminescent Lighting/ EL Wire/ Glow Neon Lights

I used it in building a Type 51 DER/I "Plasma Repeater" from Halo and now I'm activly LOOKING for weapons I can stick this stuff in.

I was actually looking into sculpting the ovals and casting them in crystal clear. Im thinking of hollowing out the center so you can put lights in it. Then just paint the oval recesses black and you'll be all set. Im gonna check out the el wire, just gotta find a place the battery pack will fit.

It doesnt look like the whole oval part lights up. Just the panel lines going through it. I would make the oval part in wood/sintra/mdf and leave a separation between the parts. Then, back it with something, and pour clear casting resin in the valley where the panel is. then remove the backing. Then youd have a clear resin channel to light!

the whole gun is going to be molded. For whatever reason i don't get the feeling that the ovals are flat, i think the lights are the high parts while the rest is recessed. Im gonna hollow out the main body so when you add the clear ovals on you just have to paint the recessed black and the light will show through the high spots.

the whole gun is going to be molded. For whatever reason i don't get the feeling that the ovals are flat, i think the lights are the high parts while the rest is recessed. Im gonna hollow out the main body so when you add the clear ovals on you just have to paint the recessed black and the light will show through the high spots.

I'm sure you will do it justice!

got both of the top front sides pretty much squared away
IMG_9291.jpg
IMG_9292.jpg

and started cutting in some detail lines
IMG_9293.jpg
IMG_9294.jpg

top shot
IMG_9296.jpg

the top width is at 1'' so the rear slide will come in at 1 1/2"

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back