Mass Effect 3 (pc+whatever consoles)

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Movie Talk' started by DjMayara, Mar 5, 2012.

1. DjMayara

DjMayara Active Member

Anyone here on the midnight release interested in some multiplayer on origin?

2. Sean Hebein

Sean Hebein Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

What are you playing it on? PC I'm assuming?

3. DjMayara

DjMayara Active Member

Yeah. Figure I'd make a topic for discussion/getting together with people to play multi.

4. yodaman

yodaman Sr Member

Picking my copy up today at lunchtime (360 version). Should be a great game.

5. SqueekinOrka

SqueekinOrka Well-Known Member

Think i might pick up a copy but i think i may go with Xbox 360. I'm still a little weary of the whole origin thing even if it has changed.

6. aeonpulse

aeonpulse Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Haven't picked up my copy yet, almost freaked out when I couldn't find my save game from ME2 last night, (which was an import of my save game from ME1). Luckily I was able to locate them. :)

I'll be getting my copy on PC, hopefully today!

7. Flagg

Flagg Sr Member

I loved the first two so I will get this one but it won't be for a while yet. I will also probably go with the 360 version even though my xbox is on it's last legs right now.

8. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

Waiting for amazon to ship it. I couldn't pass up the deal i got from them otherwise i'd have gone to the store for it. Edited: Downloaded the DLC and my promotional gun.

9. Drewid

Drewid Well-Known Member

Amazon should be delivering my Collector's edition for the PS3 sometime today :D

10. C0mmand3rC0dy

C0mmand3rC0dy Sr Member

I ordered a physical copy that comes in Mon.

Anybody who wants to add me, my gamertag is GeraltORivia online,

PM me if you need anything else, I need to get a good group together, did y'all play the demo multiplay much?

11. MooMooEgg

MooMooEgg Sr Member

I have it for the 360. I'm not gonna touch it until I finish Lair of the Shadow Broker in Mass Effect 2 on Insanity. I want 100% achievements. lol.

12. Drewid

Drewid Well-Known Member

I found the multiplayer to be a lot of fun. I thought I'd try a few games. 4 hours later I was still playing.

I only have 2 trophies left to collect in ME2 and both of them are in Arrival. But I've got the platinum! w00t!

13. C0mmand3rC0dy

C0mmand3rC0dy Sr Member

That was a very satisfying bit of DLC, and yes I am a Liara fan haha!

14. Sluis Van Shipyards

Sluis Van Shipyards Master Member

I just installed it, haven't played yet. What happened to the DLC that was supposed to be out on release day? The Collector's Edition supposedly has it.

15. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

I'm annoyed the 360 collector's edition sold out so fast, they tried to get more but looks like bioware said no. They'll probably get them after everyone has it lol.

16. Drewid

Drewid Well-Known Member

There is a code to unlock the Collector's Edition Exclusive Content (to be made available for purchase at a later date I'm sure). I haven't had a chance to play yet, so no clue what it is yet. Looks like it comes with the ability to download the soundtrack. Anyone else get that?

I also have a code to unlock "a powerful new squad member and learn about the last days of the Prothean Empire". Coming soon. Whatever that means.

I also got a code from Amazon for an assault rifle. And I played the demo for Kingdoms of Amular so I'm supposed to get a suit of themed armor and a Chakram shotgun. When I pick up KoA, I'll theorectically get a suit of N7 armor and omni-tool themed daggers. w00t!

17. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

The new DLC is already up on xbox live, i bought it yesterday. Amazon just sent my copy out today. That unlock code is for the DLC, it looks good. i hope so for 800 live points.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
  18. firesprite

firesprite Master Member

I've watched my husband play for about the first 8 hours of storyline and I'm absolutely LOVING the writing in the game so far. Bioware is definitely pulling no punches, going straight for the jugular.

Any male shepherds: Does he have nightmares post-Earth? If so, could you describe the sequence in a PM or in spoiler tags? Hubby's playing Fem-Shep and I have a theory I'd like to confirm if possible.

19. SqueekinOrka

SqueekinOrka Well-Known Member

My husband downloaded Origin and read the ULA i think it's called and seemed fine and not as bad as we thought lol. So we downloaded our copies last night. So far...it's amazing!

20. aeonpulse

I'm also loving the game so far, great writing, super polished game. I haven't messed with the online stuff yet, I'm finishing the storyline before any of that.

21. Sean Hebein

Sean Hebein Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Do I need to play through 1 and 2 first or can I go to 3 and be ok?

22. Godsmulligan

Godsmulligan Active Member

IGN says it's highly recomended too play 1 & 2 first.

23. aeonpulse

It's a much deeper experience if you play through ME 1 & 2 first. ME2 gave you the option to import your completed save game from ME1, and ME3 gives you the same option with your completed ME2 save game. So your actions and the choices you made from the first two games heavily affect ME3's story and characters.

I'd definitely recommend doing that.

24. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

Even the voice actors said the writing went way beyond what came before in an interview.

25. Sluis Van Shipyards

I finally got the DLC, you have to get it from the "Downloadable Content" tab inside the game on PC... Really stupid.

Loving the game so far, I just got to the Citadel. It's really cool to see more of the station. Heck I'd buy a game that just was on the station and let you go through the whole thing.

The only thing I don't like it that PC Gamer said that to get the best ending they force you to play the multiplayer. That's just BS. You should never be forced to play any part of a game you don't want to to finish the story.

If anyone is farther in the game, do they explain how the Reapers got there? A simple yes or no would probably be best. So far it's like "OMG they're here!" not "Hey we stopped them so far, how'd the pull this off?"

26. MooMooEgg

MooMooEgg Sr Member

Ugh... My FemShep build from ME1 wouldn't import over... so I had to try and rebuild her. She doesn't look the same... :cry

I do wish I could use the new default FemShep, but her man chin is scary. lol

27. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

A lot of games now have you choose the dlc from a menu tab and not in game. I agree that i won't be able to get the best ending since i don't multiplayer. Hopefully the get enough complaints to change it with an update. There's a new DLC for ME that lets you redo the choices of ME1 as a 15 minute interactive comic book. That way you don't have to replay ME1 at all.

I read someplace that the strategy guide says you don't have to do the multiplayer for the best ending. They'd be stupid to do it as it would alienate folks for future game titles.

28. Sluis Van Shipyards

Hopefully MP is not essential.

BTW, I just finished the DLC and if you aren't too far into the game, get it. The mission is pretty good, almost like a regular ME2 side mission. The value is the Prothean you find and the info he supplies. Really cool stuff as far as back story on them.

29. firesprite

firesprite Master Member

My understanding is that multi-player can influence the campaign, but it's not NECESSARY to play it.

30. Drewid

Drewid Well-Known Member

This was explained in the ME2 DLC Arrival. The Reapers were already on their way through one of the ME Relays and was merely slowed down by Shepard.

I'm running from memory so I might be getting a few details off. An Alliance military/scientist team located an artifact that they were going to use against the Repears. They ended up becoming indoctrinated and summoned the Reapers instead. Shepard defeated the scientists and managed to slow down the incoming fleet of Reapers. All Shep had to do was destroy an ME relay. Unfortunately, a Batarian colony was collateral damage. This was one of the "war crimes" that Anderson alluded to.

31. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

That DLC also explains how Shepard got in the predicament at the start of M3 (I'm assuming as its a big deal in the DLC's ending). Its not the best DLC but is pretty important.

32. Jeyl

Jeyl Master Member

Tali's face is revealed in-game!!

And to get everyone pumped up in anticipation, I'll give you an example on how Bioware handled this highly anticipated reveal.

Say you were looking for a replica of Two Face's damaged coin from The Dark Knight but know very well that The Noble Collection's coin is a piece of crap. You find someone who says he made a fantastic replica of it, so you buy it. Unfortunately when you*receive the coin, you realize that it's nothing but a poorly done recast of The Noble Collection's Two Face coin where everything is backwords. Not only is the quality bad, but the seller somehow made it look worse than what The Noble Collection did by using a black Lanford Expo 2 white board marker to detail the damaged side. Also, no returns.

So, in order to give you an idea on how the Two Face coin scam relates to Tali's reveal, here is a picture of the ORIGINAL Noble Collection Two Face coin before the seller did anything with it.

[​IMG]

Now you're probably thinking, "That's not the two face coin. That's just a loyalty free stock photo of a woman. What does that have anything to do with Tali's reveal in Mass Effect 3?".

Everything.

33. Darthdavi79

Darthdavi79 Member

I will become tomorrow from order amazon, I play only Playstation 3 ^^
    Collector Edition I ordered.

DLC and Multiplayer will be come soon in the active server, I have read other game forum, there said some problems with freeze from Playstation 3, or any stutter hard...

34. aeonpulse

I dunno about either of the console versions, but the game runs beautifully on PC. I'm running a gaming rig I built back in 2008 (which I didn't spend much money on), and I'm able to run the game at my monitor's native resolution (1920x1280) with all graphic settings set at max, without a single hickup, even when the action gets heavy. I'm impressed with the amount of polish that was put into this game.

35. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

So you're saying the Quarians are so ugly they should always have the helmets on? :lol

36. Sluis Van Shipyards

I did that DLC and destroyed the relay. I guess you're supposed to just realize they were close enough that they didn't need anything fancy to get there after that point. I also read in the CODEX that they can go 30 light years in about 24 hours!

37. Drewid

Drewid Well-Known Member

To quote the Guide: Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.

And that actually works out okay, math wise. The Earth is about 26,000 light years from the center of the Milky Way. The Milky Way is 100,000 light years across. Viper Nebula is shown to be roughly on the edge but not on the same radius as Earth. So we know they are over 24,000 light years away. In 6 months, they can do about 5,400 light years at 30 per day. That sounds about to make it to the closest ME relay and do the rest of the way from there.

38. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

Did you guys see that there is a college made fan film that takes place when the Mars relics are found? It features the Jon Grissom character from the ME books and mentioned in the games. He's played by the male shepard's voice actor. They're releasing it soon and there is also an anime hitting this summer.

39. Darthdavi79

Darthdavi79 Member

I got played at XBox360 Mass Effect , Mass Effect 2 (now is PS3) and today I get the parcel, wootttttwoo happy to Mass Effect 3 only PS3 , today night I will play for few test.

40. Jeyl

Jeyl Master Member

:behave

No. I figured that since this is fundamentally prop website, I would try and relate to how the fans of the game would react if us prop collectors got some ripoff recast when they wanted something genuine.

Everything about Tali's reveal in that picture is for all intents and purposes CHEAP. This is a series where the creative teams who designed the Assari, the Turians, the Reapers, the Hanar, the Volus, the Elcor, the Salarians and countless other races in the game would put SOME effort in showing the true form of one of the most interesting aliens in the whole series. Instead of designing them from ground up (which even in the first ME they did since you can barely see their faces behind the masks), they instead just grabbed a stock copyright free photo from the web, photoshopped some lines on her face and called it a day.

It's not even an accurate representation of the Quarians either when you look at her hand. The Quarians have only three digits on their hands. A thumb, an index finger and a pinky finger. To give you an idea on what their hands look like, fold your middle and ring finger down so that only your thumb, index and pinky finger are showing. THAT is what the Quarian hand looks. In the picture, the two fingers are literally side by side, something that is physically impossible for a Quarian to do.

And if you think that they can't possibly make the Quarians look unique, just look on Deviantart. There are dozens of Tali unmasked pieces where the artists obviously spent a lot of time on to try and convey what they thought Tali would look like under her mask. Some have Tali look very humanoid while others have her look a bit more alien. Many of these pieces were created from the ground up, rather than painting over an existing photo.

Now do you understand where my criticism is coming from?

41. Jeyl

Jeyl Master Member

Makes sense considering that they can barely outrun the Normandy when inside a solar system and cannot catch up to her when she goes "father than light". You would think that if the Normandy can cover a distance of more than 30 light years in 24 hours, that the....

good ending wouldn't be that big of a deal....

42. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

Don't feel bad my femshep from ME2 wouldn't import, i had to remake her. That really ticks me off as she had a really evil terminator look. Makes me think that Bioware dropped the ball on a few things in the game.

Edit: Bioware is claiming they're working on the bug to fix it.

Jeyl, I get where you're coming from and a lot of the fan made tali's are great. It seems like they took short cuts in parts of the game, i mean they couldn't even check it for this game import bug? it's the first hing in the game and you would think it would get noticed.

Read this (CONTAINS SPOILERS):
    http://social.bioware.com/forums/forum/1/topic/355/index/9727423/1

Last edited: Mar 12, 2012