Mass Effect 3 N7 Rifle (pic heavy!)

Thanks for all the compliments guys! Yes, the rifle was really completed in only 14 days of build time, averaging about 14 hours per day of work. Killer schedule, but I'm very happy with the results.

Does the trigger work?

No, unfortunately. I offered, but they wanted a static piece to start out with. I'll be making my own soon (as well as a second one for another gaming event Bioware is attending in August) and both of those will have working illumination and mine will have a moving trigger.

Awesome work as usual, I think you will definitely get hired again!

Here's hoping! They already want another rifle, and there may be more weapons on the way... we'll see

Awesome as always!!! I saw an interview with Ali Hillis (Liara) on Bioware TV and the guy had a rifle on the desk so I'm guessing this was that rifle.

Yep! That was it. It was awesome seeing it get as much screen time as it did.

I'll use this thread to update some more of the project as it continues. My own N7 rifle will be a tad different (read: painted red) so not exactly canon, but I've always loved the look of the red weapons from ME:1. Also, its my gun, so why not!

I have been checking out your site Volpin and your work is truely impressive, it makes the props put out by most Hollywood production companies look pale in comparison. I would advise whoever is going to make the Mass Effect Movie to hire you as a the head prop fabricator.

after reading your blog was wondering were did you get the print out sheet of the gun from? or were i can print one out?

Wish you'd offer kits/full builds of this, but I can understand why you can't since this was a commissioned piece. *broken heart*

Wish you'd offer kits/full builds of this, but I can understand why you can't since this was a commissioned piece. *broken heart*

Full builds I can't offer, not without charging a ridiculous amount anyways!

Kits though, maybe. Only on a very limited run though. We'll see.

after reading your blog was wondering were did you get the print out sheet of the gun from? or were i can print one out?

The references were provided by Bioware for the project. I have a roll-fed plotter I output my blueprints from.

i saw this at the prop party yesterday but it was unpainted and i couldnt figure out wat it was haha it looks great though and was really cool to hold.

The references were provided by Bioware for the project. I have a roll-fed plotter I output my blueprints from.[/QUOTE]

is it possible to get a copy of them?

The references were provided by Bioware for the project. I have a roll-fed plotter I output my blueprints from.

Oh now you really suck! :lol ;) My aunt had a sign shop and they used a plotter to cut vinyl for signs. She said they were used for blueprints as well and I've been drooling over them since!

Great work Harrison, I always look over your blogs closely to learn from and appreciate the detailed write ups. I noticed a great idea you mentioned carving out a recessed area in the MDF and dropping in a piece of styrene sheet to save from sanding in a tight area. How did you get the styrene piece to fit so perfectly ? I look forward to your future builds and good luck with your business !

Full builds I can't offer, not without charging a ridiculous amount anyways!

Kits though, maybe. Only on a very limited run though. We'll see.

OooOOOooooOOOO!!!! Don'e forget who brought up the idea. lol. (y)thumbsup:love:love

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back