Mass Effect 3 M-25 Hornet Sub Machine Gun

zanderwitaz

All right, with the mattock just about done and the weather not being ideal for paint, I embarked on a personal project.

This is my favorite SMG from all of the mass effect guns so I wanted to give it a go. This is about 7 hours worth of work.

Complex bevel: 45 degrees to 30 degrees to 20 degrees. no dremel involved!

DSCN0508.jpg

Top rail beginnings

DSCN0515.jpg

Side panel

DSCN0511.jpg

progress:

DSCN0517.jpg

Did I mention the grip is friggin tiny? (yes, this is the correct size.)

DSCN0510.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks you three!

all right, day 2. Im seriously considering taking friday/the weekend off. My lungs hurt :(

Main parts:

DSCN0522.jpg

Middle layer

(note my uhm... "precise" drafting for the cuts)

DSCN0526.jpg

Little recessed detail thingie with complex bevels around it

DSCN0524.jpg

Test fit

DSCN0527.jpg

With removeable magazine

DSCN0531.jpg

onward!

Thanks you two!

Haha I still dont even know if I'm molding it! I'm not sure if I'll be doing any trades though, I typicaly like to build my own stuff as you can see :) (I'm also pretty anal about scale and if I build it, I can scale it to my other guns)

This thing is gonna take the backseat for a bit. The mattock is just about ready for primer/bondo!

Absolutely gorgeous! :D Your attention to detail is very nice. :D

Thank you sir! I hope these upcoming photos assist you on your talon build.

Ok, so avoiding more dremeling and bondo for a while, I did more details. This is day three. (trying to keep track of time more precisely to give clients more accurate quotes)

did the little bits near the barrel tip, as well as the barrel tip itself.

DSCN0662.jpg

as well as the "spine" of the grip, and the bolt housing.

DSCN0663.jpg

Then I added a few details to the top rail, and enlarged some of the bevels using a dremel to take down the hard edges, and hand sanded 80 grit and 150 grit for the rest. It went rather fast, but I have the whole rest of the gun to go. There are a ton of fillets and bevels all over the place.

DSCN0676.jpg

DSCN0677.jpg

DSCN0678.jpg

Thats all folks!

Very nice! Quick question though, did you build up this gun out of layers of MDF of 0.5cm or 0.2 inches thick? The outmost layer is about half of that I guess?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back