Mass Effect 2/3 Sentry Interface Early Phase

GCBrokawV2

So I created the visor image that I will print at my work on plastic covering on a flatbread printer. This is my first build. Waiting for materials to arrive. My goal is to have the LED's make the blue pattern pop a little when lit up cant wait! Please give me feedback on what I have so far.... Cant wait to show finished product.

also added reference pics...
printableinterface.jpg

Awesome idea! Usually people focus on helmets for their Shepard, which is cool, but the Sentry Interface is definitely (to me, at least) a great alternative. :)

By the way, your Shepard is very hot. :love

Thx for the feedback, I'm toying around with some ideas in my head. The best option I came up with is to etch the backsides of both images and glue them together letting the LED's light run through the etching to make the lines glow. I should have test ready by next weekend hopefully.

Laser etching might be the best route, but probably the most expensive too. If you were really good, you could probably use a ruler and scribe it on a piece of plexi, that would be hard though.

I always used that on my Shepard and immediately started thinking of ways to make it. :lol

You can also possibly use fluorescent edge glow laser-etched acrylic. I am building this guy, too, and was worried about the effect of long-term exposure to my eyes from lights that close to them. It'll be a more practical alternative, especially since getting the light to catch all the way around the visor (it's curved) will be a trick.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back