More done with the chest, fits pretty well but the front has not been attached and the collar still needs lots of work. I will need to do some fine tuning of the sides so I can rest my arms fully at my side instead of keeping them at an angle from my body....also figuring out if I can keep this as one piece or need to make it two for getting in and out of it with ease.
Well the project ended up stalling out with the foam chest piece and in the end during the cutting of the edges it was pretty much unusable. So unfortunatly my luck getting the chest piece finished isn't going well and I'm going to start over again. However I have delved deep into the original 3d model and done some really needed cleaning and readjusting of the model to make it user friendly, easier to build both in foam and pep, and easier to put on without cutting in two and more comfortable to wear. So I need to decide and choose either to tackle in pepakura or foam before moving forward. I also was able to finally get a hold of a 3d printer, and now I can make my own M8 Avenger to go with it. Started printing from the bottom working my way up. At this point I think I am going to not push any time frame to complete it.......I just want to finish it and without the mistakes of trying to rush it for a con. I can relax into it instead of worrying about it again not being done for any con.
Yes the end of ME3 wasn't the best the series could have done. I know there are plenty of foam and other build on the rpf for Shepard's armor....there is even a huge mass effect archive in the forum filled with pep files
Got some work putting together the M8. It is almost halfway done, just need to reprint the trigger and then glue it and the guard next to the handle. Then I just have to start printing the top portion.
Only thing I have to figure out is how to fill in the gaps between some pieces before painting it. No plan for adding lighting
Forgot to mention it but the 3D model was created by Jeff Lagant from myminifactory.com
Once I have completed cleaning out my garage from the winter I can begin working on the Chest piece again with the new edits I did to the original file. Keeping fingers crossed it works this time around