Mass Effect - 1:750 scale Normandy SR2

Frantikgirl

Normandy_8.jpg

I've always loved the mid-century sci-fi aesthetic of the Mass Effect games, and the Normandy SR2's design typifies that mood perfectly. The long, thin lines; the bold colors; the chunky geometric decoration; I adore it all.

I ordered a 3D print off of Etsy. When it arrived, I was pretty disappointed. While it was obviously a good 3D model, it was printed in filament at a pretty low resolution. But I decided, what the heck, it was only $30, lets get crazy and beat the devil out of it. So I cut it into bits, filled and sanded and then filled and sanded some more. Some parts I had to just toss out, like the engine cowlings which were printed solid, and needed to be hollow. And the fins on the nose and tail, which were both wrong, and didn't print correctly anyway.

Normandy_build_4.jpg

Normandy_build_3.jpg
Normandy_build_2.jpg

Normandy_build_1.jpg

Once I had it painted, I designed and printed my own decals. These were so very tiny, as the model is only about 8 inches long. But those decals made all the difference and I'm super pleased with the results.

Hope you like it.

Normandy_1.jpg

Normandy_2.jpg

Normandy_4.jpg

Normandy_5.jpg

Normandy_6.jpg

Normandy_7.jpg

Normandy_8.jpg

Normandy_9.jpg

Normandy_10.jpg

Normandy_3.jpg

Nice! I’m working on the N7 breather which I want to finish before I start legendary edition (plus I’m still playing through all 6 million hours of AC:Valhalla…)

For an FDM print you’ve got the finish really great!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back