Marvel's The Defenders (Netflix)

Wait, wait, wait... Powerman and Ironfist and Daredevil and Jessica Jones all in one show???
This could be pretty cool... Do I need to start watching the Marvel Netflix shows now?

Wait, wait, wait... Powerman and Ironfist and Daredevil and Jessica Jones all in one show???
This could be pretty cool... Do I need to start watching the Marvel Netflix shows now?

I believe that The Defenders doesn't start until August so you still have some time. I'd probably start around late June/early July so you won't have too long before the end of Iron Fist and when The Defenders start.

I would highly encourage it!

This looks awesome by the way!

Iron Fist was where it all flopped for me. I'm hopeful Rand will be more interesting in The Defenders than he was in his own series.
Hopefully this character, like The Hulk, while a flop as a solo, shines in an ensemble.

Well, the brief interaction they showed between IF and LC in the trailer already looks like fun.

Danny looks marginally not as horrible as in his own show. Hopefully being around Charlie Cox who actually learned to fight shamed him into putting more time and effort into training.

Danny looks marginally not as horrible as in his own show. Hopefully being around Charlie Cox who actually learned to fight shamed him into putting more time and effort into training.

The thing is, I don't think that it was Finn Jones' fault, based on everything that I've read so far it seems like it was the production's fault, bad choreography combined with little time to practice made for bad fight scenes. Unless he came to the role as an ace fighter from the get go ala Jackie Chan or Jet Li there's no way that Finn could have done any better, even if he himself practiced more, I'd argue that even Jackie Chan and Jet Li would have had a hard time if they were only given a short amount of time to learn their fight choreography for a scene.

Last edited:
The thing is, I don't think that it was Finn Jones' fault, based on everything that I've read so far it seems like it was the production's fault, bad choreography combined with little time to practice made for bad fight scenes. Unless he came to the role as an ace fighter from the get go ala Jackie Chan or Jet Li there's no way that Finn could have done any better, even if he himself practiced more, I'd argue that even Jackie Chan and Jet Lie would have had a hard time if they were only given a short amount of time to learn their fight choreography for a scene.

I will grant that, to a point, though when you are adapting a property like Iron Fist, there should be the understanding from everyone involved that the fighting has to be superb. It's kind of his whole shtick. However, the characterization of Danny was also terrible. Part of that was the weak script, but a lot of it was also the fact that Finn just has no freaking gravitas. He came off as an idiot at every turn because he was doing this 'hippy dippy surfer *** martial arts master' thing. And don't even get me started on the relationship between him and Colleen....

I will grant that, to a point, though when you are adapting a property like Iron Fist, there should be the understanding from everyone involved that the fighting has to be superb. It's kind of his whole shtick. However, the characterization of Danny was also terrible. Part of that was the weak script, but a lot of it was also the fact that Finn just has no freaking gravitas. He came off as an idiot at every turn because he was doing this 'hippy dippy surfer *** martial arts master' thing. And don't even get me started on the relationship between him and Colleen....

Im finding if you view it in the light of "12 year old kid learns nothing about the adult world but grows up believing he is a weapon" it does ease the characterisation a little.

Still doesnt resonate with me and I havent finished the last 4 eps yet, but looking back its better to use that filter. Which fits the narrative.

Im finding if you view it in the light of "12 year old kid learns nothing about the adult world but grows up believing he is a weapon" it does ease the characterisation a little.

Still doesnt resonate with me and I havent finished the last 4 eps yet, but looking back its better to use that filter. Which fits the narrative.

Allow me to clarify: my issue is less with Danny (because I do bear in mind that he's mentally and emotionally stunted), but with the fact that no one calls him on it and says "Hey, this isn't cool."

Allow me to clarify: my issue is less with Danny (because I do bear in mind that he's mentally and emotionally stunted), but with the fact that no one calls him on it and says "Hey, this isn't cool."

Absolutely - I don't think I'd actually realised that's what annoyed me, but its perfect. It doesn't keep the verisimilitude alive because there arent realistic reactions to his actions.

But not to keep on with negative stuff, it is what it is. The Defenders trailer has me excited. I loved the use of Nirvana, gave the whole thing a nice grungy feel. I'm more than happy to see Jessica Jones come back into play.

And of course - there is no life without Matt Murdock. That guy :love

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back