Marvel's Eternals

Fair enough. I think I'm just so used to hearing the bigots and poorly considered opinions of people who think it is cool to jump on the bashing bandwagon, I maybe got a bit sidetracked.
I'll give Dangal a watch if I can find it on Amazon or Netflix. Thanks for the tip.
I hope you can get past your presumption that being critical of formulaic diversification in Hollywood films somehow makes somebody a "bigot."

You can find Dangal on Netflix. The Netflix preview is terrible, BTW. Don't watch ithat preview.

Look at this trailer on YouTube instead.

Last edited:
I hope you can get past your presumption that being critical of formulaic diversification in Hollywood films somehow makes somebody a "bigot."

You can find Dangal on Netflix. The Netflix preview is terrible, BTW. Don't watch ithat preview.

Look at this trailer on YouTube instead (subtitles are somehow a second out of sync).

Just to clear this up I wasn't implying you are a bigot. That person has been banned. I think it seemed to me like the thread was getting diverted into that area of veiled criticism, again not by you.

I'll look out for Dangal.

I was the one who initially brought up the matter of criticism of the Bollywood dance sequence because I recall that early on in this thread before the movie had come out. In some of those threads, there were some complaints about the Bollywood dance sequence, not so much that it was Bollywood and they hated all things Indian or Bollywood, but that it seemed out of place, made no sense, and the entire movie might have more or have a Bollywood theme or vibe to it. That's what I was trying to say when I brought up the Bollywood sequence and the initial complaints over it.

I was the one who initially brought up the matter of criticism of the Bollywood dance sequence because I recall that early on in this thread before the movie had come out. In some of those threads, there were some complaints about the Bollywood dance sequence, not so much that it was Bollywood and they hated all things Indian or Bollywood, but that it seemed out of place, made no sense, and the entire movie might have more or have a Bollywood theme or vibe to it. That's what I was trying to say when I brought up the Bollywood sequence and the initial complaints over it.
Look what you started.

I hope you are proud of yourself. LOL.

It wasn't your raising of this that I was referring to, it was a couple of pages back where someone asked, likely rhetorically who had a problem with the Bollywood dance sequence.

20220112_164922.jpg

Great to be able to watch Eternals again thanks to Disney+ adding it to the service.
I enjoyed it as much at home as in the cinema, especially as the IMAX version is up on Disney+.

Well, I ended up seeing it because it is on Disney +. Not a bad movie. Felt weird compared to the other MCU films. Started off REALLY slow, but ended pretty well. The WORST thing about it was Pip. Who thought that that half step up from Shrek CGI was good enough to put into a finished film with real people? Absolutely horribly done for the budget Disney has. Sorry, it just blew my mind that I was watching a character from a video game cutscene from 2010 in a film. What the heck were they thinking?

Finally saw it last night on D+ as well.
It was... fine?
A little slower than typical MCU fare. I thought it was weird that they got Kit Harrington and basically disappeared him for the whole movie. I'm not in any hurry to watch it again, but it wasn't terrible.

I thought it was weird that they got Kit Harrington and basically disappeared him for the whole movie.
It's almost like they're using the movie to set up a character who is involved with one of the central characters, but whose arc isn't directly involved with theirs...

As for Pip... That's what he looks like...?

MarSwim03.jpg

It's almost like they're using the movie to set up a character who is involved with one of the central characters, but whose arc isn't directly involved with theirs...

As for Pip... That's what he looks like...?

View attachment 1535013
Oh I understand what they were doing as far as setup goes, but I'm betting there are a solid handful of deleted scenes he was in. The film feels like it's missing his thread.

I finally watched this the other night and figured, with that cast, it would be the best Marvel movie yet. I mean you have Gemma Chan, Salma Hayek, and Angelina Jolie (and some dudes). Yeah... I'd probably put this dead last of all the Marvel shows, IMO. I like shows that do the ancient alien thing, but this show just seemed slow and kind of boring. The real stars of the show were Kumail Nanjani and Harish Patel (his assistant in the movie). I'd watch a spinoff just with them.

I watched it and it felt more like power rangers. Maybe the story of we're the danger and we need to stop us bugged me the most. I did enjoy the interactions the members had with each other though. Icarus was probably the weakest character IMO. I will admit the CGI pip stuff just gave me Van Helsing Mr. Hyde and RIPD vibes as far as quality. I think they could have done that more practical like LOTR or something.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back