Marvel's Daredevil Blind Cane Prop

Discussion in 'Marvel Costumes and Props' started by LyMovieDude1, Jul 21, 2015.

1. LyMovieDude1

LyMovieDude1 Active Member

Hey everyone! Like most people, I was blown away by the netflix Daredevil series. I even watched the entire season twice and enjoyed every minute of it. :D(y)thumbsup

Now before starting my black Daredevil costume I wanted to make Matt Murdock's blind cane from the show, which actually most likely is just a regular foldable blind cane, unless they made it custom for the show which I have a hard time believing. Anyway, I made a prop version for alot cheaper. Zero to be specific.

Screen used Cane:
    rs_634x1024-140805090602-634-charlie-cox-daredevil.ls.8514.jpg

My prop version:
    IMG_1918.JPG
    IMG_1919.JPG
    IMG_1920.JPG

It's about 145cm long

IMG_1907.JPG
    Made it from materials laying around the house. The base is an aluminium pipe I cut with a hacksaw and painted white, the red and white end piece is made from wood and for the handle I used bicycle grips that I wrapped in electrical tape. It's not foldable like the real deal but it was cheap and easy to make and I like it alot. :)

I have some details left and I want to make a better handle but other than that it's pretty much done. Thanks for looking!

RayR and mydlyfe like this.