1. Welcome to the Project Runs Forum!

This forum is intended for interest gauging and active runs. Due to the transient nature of this forum, please keep all research and ongoing discussion in one of our main forums so your information is not lost.

Only Premium Members can start a new run.

Click here for details on becoming a Premium Member.

Click here for the complete Classifieds Guidelines.

Dismiss Notice

Done / Completed Marvel's Daredevil Black Suit Accessories Mask/Holster DONE - THANKS TO EVERYONE

Discussion in 'Project Runs' started by JKKS, Aug 15, 2015.

1. JKKS

JKKS Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

As promised, now that the 3 successful Summer runs of my black Daredevil masks are done, I am ready to move on to the Fall runs and, that's the big news, with the addition of the long awaited black holster to complete your costumes.

The details are the same as my previous runs. The masks and holsters are going to be made by a friend of mine, a professional seamstress with decades of experience in costume making who's currently working for the costume department of Paris Opera House. She has an incredible eye and crazy attention to details so we will aim once again at delivering long-lasting items with a high level of quality wether it's in the materials or construction. All items will be of course made in France and will ship from the Paris area.

- The Black Mask

V1.0 Mask (Sold Out)

http://105.imagebam.com/download/Nw4dsriV_bZuoXQdusJwvA/41520/415196033/P1020214.JPG
    http://108.imagebam.com/download/6waOmtecpncyoo_YqxUM5g/41520/415196039/P1020215.JPG
    http://108.imagebam.com/download/OCt14MC8dI2s00ckHOYmjw/41535/415342271/P1020227.JPG
    http://114.imagebam.com/download/50fqCdxXmAysYlz77jzA7A/42395/423946394/P1020230.JPG

Update 09/20 V2.0 Mask (Available For Order)

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

We are now ready to take orders for our new and improved V2.0 mask made from a high quality cotton-jersey knit fabric (95% cotton/5% stretch) with similar construction details and a new accurized, more form fitting, pattern. The main difference compared to the old masks is a smoother texture and the heavier fabric looking even better in motion. It will move and flow just like the screen used mask. It's also more comfortable to wear thanks to a softer fabric and it offers better visibility even in dark conditions. We've also been able to replicate the "brow detail" that you can clearly see during the Nobu fight.

The good news is that we will offer this mask at the same low price while retaining the premium quality and durability of our previous build with a sewn pvc mask secured inside several layers of fabric, even better visibility and perfect finishing and details. Given that the new fabric is more stretchy my friend used a special anti-tearing sewing technic making them even more durable.

-The Holster

P1020255.jpg

P1020257.jpg

P1020262.jpg

P1020263.jpg

This holster is the result of extensive research to recreate this complicated piece as accurately as we could. The main body of the holster is made of heavy-duty cotton (sergé) with proper screen accurate texture, backed with thermobonding interlining and then fully lined for durability. In the interest of having something that is both screen accurate (the holster actually deforms when Matt takes out the sticks, runs or fights) and comfortable to wear, we developed a solution that allows the holster to keep its shape without using any plastic or vinyl that would restrict your movements and alter the durability of the item. We will use nylon webbing and heavy-duty velcro for the thigh attachments as it seemed to be the most practical and accurate solution. We will also provide two black safety pins to attach the holster to you pants in case you want to run around in full gear. The holster has been designed to hold screen accurate escrima sticks with a diameter of 1".

Before we even start talking about dimensions, the good news is that we will offer a service for entirely made to measure holsters. Your holster will be a unique piece based on the measurement you are going to provide us with. After days of debate it seemed pretty obvious we couldn't just settle for a unique size as I wouldn't be able to wear a holster the size of the one Charlie Cox used on set and the one my friend made based on my measurement would probably look ridiculous on taller fellows.

Prices are going to be as follow:

- V1.0 Mask $75 + shipping (SOLD OUT)
    - NEW V2.0 Mask $75 + shipping
    - Made-to-Measure Holster $80 + shipping

- V1.0 Mask + MtM Holster $150 + shipping (SOLD OUT)
    - NEW V2.0 Mask + MtM holster $150 + shipping

I can also provide a set of two beech wood escrima sticks cut to the proper/custom length for an extra $25.
    People who bought masks from my previous runs get $5 off the holster.

All prices above include paypal fees.

Worldwide priority shipping rates are as follow:

- For the Mask (up to three masks in the same box) 23.70€
    - For the Holster 11.70€
    - For the Mask +Holster 24.02€
    - For the Mask + Holster + Sticks 29.45€

Shipping is tracked and insured. It's rather fast as it should reach you in 4 to 5 working days if you are in the US, a week for the rest of the world.
    Shipping within the European Union is slightly cheaper (and faster). Of course shipping in France is a lot cheaper.

Upon ordering, I will only collect payment for the item(s) in your order. Once your order is ready to ship I will contact you and collect payment for shipping.

Please give us 2/3 weeks to complete and ship your orders.

Update 18/11: DONE. THANKS TO EVERYONE.

Fall Run 1 (DONE):
    1- JKRIB - MtM Holster/PAID/SHIPPING PAID/SHIPPED 08-31/RECEIVED
    2- Pants - V1.0 Mask + MtM Holster/PAID/SHIPPING PAID/SHIPPED 09/14/RECEIVED
    3- aquaman1007 - MtM Holster + Escrima Sticks/PAID/SHIPPING PAID/SHIPPED 09/14/RECEIVED
    4- Jackal - V1.0 Mask + MtM Holster/PAID/SHIPPING PAID/SHIPPED 09/14/RECEIVED
    5- Max Jenius - V1.0 Mask + MtM Holster + Escrima Sticks/PAID/SHIPPING PAID/SHIPPED 09/21/RECEIVED

Fall Run 2 (DONE):
    1- Treeman - NEW V2.0 Mask + MtM Holster+ Escrima Sticks/PAID/SHIPPING PAID/SHIPPED 10/07/RECEIVED
    2- mattdevil - NEW V2.0 Mask/PAID/SHIPPING PAID/SHIPPED 10/16/RECEIVED
    3- PcFish - NEW V2.0 Mask/PAID/SHIPPED 10/19/RECEIVED
    4- Prae7oriaN - NEW V2.0 Mask + MtM Holster + Escrima Sticks/PAID/SHIPPING PAID/SHIPPED 10/16/RECEIVED

Please post in the thread if you are interested.
    As usual If you have any question that I have not answered yet, feel free to ask.

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

P1020255.jpg

P1020257.jpg

P1020262.jpg

P1020263.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2018
  2. Pants

Pants Active Member

Re: Netflix/Marvel's Daredevil "Black Suit" Accessories (Mask & Holster)

Put me down for Type A mask and holster please!

3. JKKS

You are down thanks. ;)

I'll contact everyone with details regarding payment and measurements once I'll have a few orders in.

4. Pants

Pants Active Member

Cheers mate ;)

5. JKKS

Pants I'll contact you tomorrow regarding the details of your order (mainly payment infos and measurements).

It's going to be a little while before I can showcase a prototype of the NEW V2.0 Mask. My PVC mask supplier is out of stock at the moment and our remaining supply has been used towards making the last V1.0 masks. He should have them back in stock mid next week so I should have a prototype ready at the end of the month.

Anymore interest ?

6. Pants

Pants Active Member

JKKS That's all good. Thanks again :)

7. Jackal

Jackal Well-Known Member

Interested in both.

8. JKKS

Thanks for your interest. I assume you are interested in the V1.0 mask and holster ? I'll put you down.

I'll contact you guys in a few hours when I get home.

2 spots left in the 1st run.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
  9. JKRIB

JKRIB Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Interested in holster since I have your mask already haha

10. JKKS

Indeed. ;)
    You're on the list.

BTW, people who bought masks from my previous runs get $5 off the holster.

1 spot left.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
  11. JKKS

Re: Netflix/Marvel's Daredevil "Black Suit" Accessories (Mask/Holster) 1st RUN LAST S

JKRIB, Jackal, Pants pm sent.

Still 1 spot left. We're ready to start production and we're aiming at an early/mid septembre shipping date for the first batch of orders.

Pants likes this.
  12. JKKS

Re: Netflix/Marvel's Daredevil "Black Suit" Accessories (Mask/Holster) 1st RUN LAST S

Bump for last spot.

13. Jackal

Jackal Well-Known Member

Replied. Thanks for the opportunity! I can't wait to see the finished product.

14. Max Jenius

Max Jenius Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I'll take a type a mask/holster/sticks

15. JKKS

You're on the list. PM incoming.

First run is now closed. Thanks.

16. JKKS

Re: Netflix/Marvel's Daredevil "Black Suit" Accessories (Mask/Holster) 1st RUN CLOSED

Little updates:
    JKRIB I got your payment for shipping. Your holster will ship tomorrow. Pants Your order is ready to ship. I've sent you a pm regarding shipping details
    aquaman1007, Jackal Your orders are currently in production. They should be completed within 10 days.
    Max Jenius I'm still awaiting your measurements to start production on your made-to-measure holster/sticks combo. Please get back to me as soon as you can.

As we're slowly getting to the completion of the first run I will start taking names for a limited second run of 7 orders. It should be the last run ready to ship/delivered before Halloween so if you want in please post in the thread. However please note that the Type A Mask is now sold out. As I said I have a Type B Mask in the pipes made following the same specifications but with a slightly different fabric. I will have a prototype to show off next week.

17. Jackal

Jackal Well-Known Member

Re: Netflix/Marvel's Daredevil "Black Suit" Accessories (Mask/Holster) 2ND RUN OPEN

Awesome!! Can't wait to see them!!

18. JKKS

Re: Netflix/Marvel's Daredevil "Black Suit" Accessories (Mask/Holster) 2ND RUN OPEN

aquaman1007, Jackal Your orders have been completed and they are ready to ship. I've sent out pms regarding shipping details and payment. Pants I got your payment for shipping. Your order will go out in the mail on Wednesday.

We're running a bit late on the NEW V2.0 Mask prototype but my friend tried to focus on getting the last paid orders out. Still hoping to have something to showcase sometime this week.

2nd run is still open and it's still gonna be the last one with delivery set before Halloween.

Pants likes this.
  19. Jackal

Jackal Well-Known Member

Shipping coin just sent. Can't wait to see it!!!!

20. JKKS

I never thought it would happen to me but life is actually getting in the way this time.
    I got hit by a bus tonight while riding my bike home, fortunately though I just broke my collar bone (and it could have been so much worse I'm still terrified).

I won't be able to have your packages shipped tomorrow as I just got from the hospital and have to go back tomorrow for control x-rays.
    However I might be able to prepare the shipments tomorrow evening and I will have someone pick them up for shipping either on Thursday or Friday.

Once again I'm really sorry for the delay and I'll try to have them out as soon as I can.

21. Jackal

Jackal Well-Known Member

That is not life getting in the way.... That is you needing to take time to care for yourself. Mostly is good that the injury (although high in pain), is easily repairable and that you are not in worse shape than you are. Take care of yourself, and at least on my behalf... take your time.

Rest as much as you can. My timeline is Oct 31, so there is a ton of time to get it here. Rest up and get on the mend. All the best.

22. Treeman

Treeman Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Put me on the interest list for a Mask and Holster.

What length are the escrima sticks? I already have a set I use for training, and if they are close, it will save the hassle of shipping new ones. And I do hope you have a speedy recovery. I assume they trashed your bike as well as your collarbone. Take care of yourself first, prop stuff is way down the list.

23. JKKS

Thanks for the kind words and the understanding guys. Will still do my best to have them out shortly.
    Yes of course my bike got trashed as the bus actually rolled over it (hence why it could have been a lot worse) but like I said I was pretty lucky all in all.
    Treeman I cut the sticks at a custom length depending on the individual measurements I receive to keep them proportionate with the holster (and people's size).
    I'll get back to you shortly about your measurements and if they are close to the sticks you have there's indeed no need to get a set from me.

24. Pants

Pants Active Member

Wishing you a speedy recovery mate. I'm in the same boat as Jackal, no rush on mine either :)

25. JKKS

Thanks a lot. It's actually not that bad with all the painkillers :lol
    The main problem is that I can't do jack on my own and that all this stuff delays the start of my sport season.

On the run front now, I've paid for shipping and printed the shipping labels and documents of all remaining orders this morning.
    I'll have a friend pick up some boxes at the post office tomorrow and I should have all orders out hopefully by Saturday.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
  26. Treeman

Just because I was curious, here are some "stick" measurements I took.

Bamboo escrima stick: Diameter 1" to 1 1/16", Length 26"
    Nicksdad's Netflix Daredevil aluminum baton replica: Diameter 7/8" to 1", Overall Length" 25 5/8"
    Short half of baton: Length 11 15/16"
    Long half of baton: Length 13 5/8 + 11/16" for the internal coupler or 14 5/16" overall

27. JKKS

The sticks I cut based on my measurements are 1" in diameter and about 15 3/4" long if this is any indication.
    I'm about 5'8 in my suit (with proportionally rather long legs).

28. JKKS

OK guys I got some help today and was able to finish packing your orders. They will go out tomorrow. Pants, aquaman1007, Jackal I pmed you with shipping details.

Thanks again for your patience and understanding.

Pants likes this.
  29. JKKS

Pants, aquaman1007, Jackal your orders have been shipped today.
    Treeman I'll contact regarding your order on Wednesday and I should have some pictures of our new and improved V2.0 mask up very soon.
    My friend brought me the prototype today (I couldn't pick it up sooner because of the accident) and it's just a phenomenal job on every single level. I think you guys will really love it.

30. Prae7oriaN

Prae7oriaN New Member

If the next run is still open, I'd love to be in for the V2 mask, sticks and holster!

31. JKKS

Thanks for your interest guys. I'll get back to you about this on Sunday. I just got the use of my second hand back and it makes everything so much easier.

32. JKKS

Re: Marvel's Daredevil Black Suit Accessories - Mask/Holster NEW V2 MASK UP 2 SPOTS L

New V2.0 Mask is up in the first post and we are now ready to take orders for a 2nd run.
    Please note that the deadline for orders with delivery set before Halloween is Sept. 30th at the latest.
    There are only 2 spots left in the 2nd run.

Max Jenius your order is packed and ready to ship. PM sent. Treeman & Prae7oriaN PMs incoming.

33. JKKS

Re: Marvel's Daredevil Black Suit Accessories - Mask/Holster NEW V2 MASK UP 2 SPOTS L

Max Jenius your order has been shipped this morning. I pmed you with shipping details.

Bump for 2nd run interest.

34. Pants

Pants Active Member

For anyone on the fence about ordering these, go for it! This gear is absolutely beautiful! I could not be happier with mine!!

Here's my V1 mask and holster that arrived today against my Raven G-Stars
    [​IMG]

35. JKKS

Thanks a lot ;)
    I'm glad they arrived safely and that you enjoy them.

36. mattdevil

mattdevil New Member

I'm interested in the mask if still available for a halloween costume.

37. JKKS

Yes it is still available. PM sent.

38. JKKS

Re: Marvel's Daredevil Black Suit Accessories Mask/Holster NEW V2 MASK 2nd RUN LAST S

1 spots left in 2nd run. Deadline for orders with delivery before Halloween is Sept 30th at the latest. That's only 3 days left to order your gear !

39. JKKS

Re: Marvel's Daredevil Black Suit Accessories Mask/Holster NEW V2 MASK 2nd RUN LAST S

2 days left.

40. JKKS

last day to order and get your gear before halloween !!!

41. PcFish

PcFish Member

I sent you a PM, but I'm interested in a mask. Thanks! EDIT: I have no urgency for halloween btw.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2015
  42. JKKS

Re: Marvel's Daredevil Black Suit Accessories Mask/Holster NEW V2 MASK 2nd RUN CLOSED

2nd run is now closed (with one payment still pending).
    We should be able to start a 3rd run around mid-october once all the Halloween orders will be out.

43. JKKS

Re: Marvel's Daredevil Black Suit Accessories Mask/Holster NEW V2 MASK 2nd RUN CLOSED

Treeman your order is ready to ship. PM sent.
    aquaman1007, Jackal, Max Jenius I checked the shipping status of your parcels and they've all been delivered. I'd appreciate if you could leave feedback and maybe do a quick write up in the thread to let everyone know what you think of the products. Thanks.

44. JKKS

mattdevil PcFish Prae7oriaN your orders have been picked up and they are ready to ship. I've sent out pms regarding shipping payments.
    As I said I need your payments in within the next 48 hours to guarantee the Halloween delivery.
    Treeman your package has been dispatched last week but I probably forgot to send you a pm the shipping details. PM incoming.

45. Jackal

Jackal Well-Known Member

Sorry That it has taken so long. This time of year is always so busy for me.

The V1 mask I got is perfect. It fits exactly as it should and looks the part perfectly. The backplate that is in the mask is perfect for standing the mask off the eyes and makes vision possible. While slightly limited, the vision is surprisingly good.

The holster is also a beautiful piece. It fits the aluminum escrima sticks I bought off another member here perfectly.

All in... you really can't go wrong.

46. JKKS

Thanks a lot for the kind words. I and my friend really appreciate it.
    Prae7oriaN mattdevil your packages will go out tomorrow morning. I'll send you pms with tracking details tomorrow night. PcFish yours is next in line. Should go out no later than Monday.

47. Treeman

Received my full set today and wow do they look great. Thanks JKKS !

48. JKKS

Thanks a lot man. Your compliments mean the world to us.

49. Prae7oriaN

Prae7oriaN New Member

Received my full set and * am I impressed. The mask fits my large head perfectly and everything is really solidly put together. Thanks JKKS

50. mattdevil

mattdevil New Member

Just got mine today and it arrived safe and sound. Now to figure out how to retie the knot!