Marvel's Agents of SHIELD - The Bus

Heh... other projects, life and a country falling apart at the seams. Fun times.

I wonder where everyone else is who was also building the Bus.

I should start up on the Bus again sometime next week when I'm done with the project that has fought me every step of the way from the beginning.

dont know if anyone has posted a hi-rez version but here it is

Attachments

• Bus_Blueprints.jpg
    Bus_Blueprints.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 308
Look what came in the mail today...

21040303565_cf932aa26f_z.jpg

You know what this means right? A bigger BUS!!!

Couldn't help it, so I opened the box to see how big it really is... It's a monster that's only going to get bigger.
21047891281_a053871d93_z.jpg

20417597064_ddc26f0410_z.jpg

20852321538_67e77fd356_z.jpg

21047837371_0ae937fe49_z.jpg

It's so BIG! :lol

Shouldn't you have gotten two? Or will you be casting the back parts?

Since the kit is $185 plus shipping, bringing it to a perky $217, getting two wasn't going to happen. I'll cast what I need and use the rest since it's only for the masters and they are going to get replaced by the recast of the new modified part for the build.

This one is going to take a while because of what's going to be involved with it and just general time allotments. One idea is to have a break-away on one side of the fuselage that shows the interior details and some moving control surfaces. We'll see how the control surfaces go, but for now the main idea is to get the outside right then build the interior details floor by floor and ending up in Coulson's office.

Way Cool !!! can't wait to see more of the build. I hope they bring it back in the show but the way the show is going I don't see it happening any time soon.

Hi Teddz,

I do not have time to build a model of the bus. Could I possibly purchase one from you? Can you include some pictures of what you have build. I would love to see the finished product. What is the best way to get in contact with you? (If I could possibly purchase a finished model w/ base)

Thanks,
Jared

Hey, so, I've come back a few times and reviewed this thread because it's purely awesome, and now that I'm about to build my own Fantastic Plastic 1/72 Quinjet, I'm toying with the idea of a 1/72 Bus to go with it . . . so I just wanted to ask, are there any updates to this? Teddz, how did your 1/72 scale bus turn out, or are you still working on it?

Just to say again - this thread is amazing. You all working on these models are my heroes.

- Master Tej -

Hi Teddz, what about this project please?

It runs in my mind for many years now and I finally decided I would make it real (at least the project itself! about the aircraft... let's... wait an see! ;) )

So the first step... get the kits..... done!
48029023721_aa18651a31_c.jpg

I read and read and... read this thread for months now... did you reach the finish line?

Yea, but it's been packed away while I move to a new place. I'll get some pics once I'm settled.

Everything I documented in this thread will result in something pretty accurate to the CGI model. It's nowhere near the "blueprint" and it even differs from the one on Coulson's desk. I had seen some pics that Paul Newitt (the builder of Coulson's model) had up some time back that showed some of what he did. His took about a week, whereas mine, well it took a minute.

By no means is what I did or how I went about it the correct way, it was just my way and interpretation of what I had in front of me. Feel free to improve on it and post up your progress.

You will need both kits and will end up cutting both fuselages. There's a lot of modification and this isn't for the faint of heart... although it's a ton easier than the Anigrand 1/72 kit. That kit is a total turd that needs a lot of polish just to get it to a point where I can cut it up correctly, which I just don't have time for right now. Soon though... it taunts me.

Take your time with it and if you have any questions, just ask. I'll be happy to help.

Thanks a lot Teddz
A lot of courage for your move.
I look forward to see your Bus.

Is there a website in the internet where you showed the whole WIP?

...pretty accurate to the CGI model. It's nowhere near the "blueprint" and it even differs from the one on Coulson's desk.
Didn't know these three were so different!
How did you get the CGI model pics? just thanks to the TV show?
Here is my first questions in fact: what's the main source of data/pics about the craft?

I cannot imagine the same work of the Anigrand kit! (and the size of it!!!!)

If I remember, this is the only site left that has basically everything I did to make the Bus. There might be a couple of pics missing, but it's all here. The other site I had posted the WIP is no more.
I just used screenshots from the show. There's some guess work involved but it should give you what you need.

Hi Teddz,

I've finally decided to put these kits on my bench. And then... a great moment of solitude came to me....
Do you please remember how many centimeters you added to the front and ear part of the fuselage?
I've compared many pics of C17s and screencaps of the Bus and I'm unable to consider the required stretching length... :confused::(

I thank you very much Teddz

Hi Teddz,

I've finally decided to put these kits on my bench. And then... a great moment of solitude came to me....
Do you please remember how many centimeters you added to the front and ear part of the fuselage?
I've compared many pics of C17s and screencaps of the Bus and I'm unable to consider the required stretching length... :confused::(

I thank you very much Teddz

Oh man... what did you just start?? :lol:

The stretch took me a while to figure out. The thing that threw me off constantly was the various screen caps with slight variations and the blueprint (which is just totally off, don't use it for reference). So I decided to just pick one and just go with it and also went with my gut as to if it "looked right". It's the same thing I did with the hump for the office.

I have templates somewhere that I used for the front & rear stretch that I can't find right now (moved several times since I did it), but this thing was so "special" that I still somewhat recall how I did it and the measurements.
Front stretch was about 25mm... from the nose of the aircraft to the panel line just in front of the wing that goes top to bottom is 127.50 mm
Rear stretch was about 11mm... from the tip of the tail(on the fuselage) to the panel line just aft of the wing root is 152.20 mm
Overall fuselage length of the Bus, nose to tip is 379 mm.
I'll try and find those templates to verify the measurements of the stretch.

If you have any other issues along the way, feel free to ask.
Best of luck!!

Oh man... what did you just start?? :lol:
That's what I wonder for a few weeks.... :unsure:

The stretch took me a while to figure out. The thing that threw me off constantly was the various screen caps with slight variations and the blueprint (which is just totally off, don't use it for reference)
I like this piece of news... I feel less alone... ;)

So I decided to just pick one and just go with it and also went with my gut as to if it "looked right". It's the same thing I did with the hump for the office.
I think you chose the best way!

I thank you very much for your detailed description Teddz.
I'll have a look at it this afternoon. that's my only availability for modeling in a week.

If you have any other issues along the way, feel free to ask.
you can trust me!!!

So..... Did you assemble the right and left part of the fuselage before stretching it or did you work on the two separated parts?
(I hope that my English language is quite understandable...)

Thanks a lot Teddz.
efcharisto para poli

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back