Marvel Thing Build COMPLETE...Finally !!!

Discussion in 'Marvel Costumes and Props' started by hapslappy, Sep 8, 2015.

1. hapslappy

hapslappy Member

Ok. so maybe not complete, but done enough to submit pics for the NYCC Cosplay competition. Just need to do a couple of odds and ends before show time. Tighten up Velcro closure on back. A little more airbrush touch up, and then some non cosmetic stuff to help with wearing the suit. Thanks to all for there help and suggestions, especially George !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q0yqj66cEA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aE5bQ6qOpVE

20150908_172819.jpg 20150908_172839.jpg 20150908_172848.jpg 20150908_172822.jpg 20150908_172830.jpg 20150908_172737.jpg
    face.jpg 20150908_172654.jpg boots.jpeg face.jpeg face.jpg images.jpeg Publication1.jpg Sorry images.png gotta post a face pic and reference pics for NYCC
    Be sure to check out the full build at. http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=231248&highlight=marvel+thing

Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
    George likes this.
  2. MrSouthpaw

MrSouthpaw Sr Member

That's excellent.

:thumbsup

3. BumblebeeRecycd

BumblebeeRecycd Active Member

Great job, only I thought the Thing went naked. I saw this movie recently, and.... Bull****, I LOVE this version of the THING !

4. reididtenroc

reididtenroc Active Member

Great works :thumbsup

5. George

George Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Hap,congratulations on completing an awesome project !! :thumbsup you worked so hard for this and it turned out great !!
    And thank you for sharing the photos of the final result with the community.I hope you get TONS of positive reactions on the forum as well as at the conventions !

6. darthwhitey

darthwhitey Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

HA!

GREAT!!

I'm amazed at the talent for this cosplay stuff...really awesome!

THE VIDEOS ARE GREAT TOO!

7. cavedwellar

cavedwellar Sr Member

Fantastic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Tumbler

Tumbler Active Member

x4

;)

9. mikefu

mikefu Active Member

awesome job bud ..its clobberin time!!..lol

10. chimichangaz

chimichangaz New Member

Amazing job on this cosplay! This is the level I now aspire to reach myself...in a few lifetimes or so. lol

11. hapslappy

hapslappy Member

Some have asked about the dimensions of the suit, so instead of pm I will just post stats here. He stands 6' 7" and is over 5' wide at the shoulders ( I have to go sideways through doors and even then I get stuck). Some have said the feet and legs look small. I have to agree that on the video and pics they do seem small, I'm assuming this is because of the angle of the camera and the overwhelming size of his hands and arms. His feet are over 2' long and 14" wide. His thigh measures 39" around. This is a very large costume. I wish I had thought to have my son stand next to me, he is 6' 3" tall and 185lbs. he looks like a 12 year old boy standing next to the thing..lol

Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
    chimichangaz and George like this.