Marvel Legends Ant-Man helmet revealed

This looks incredible. Details look great and the scale seems to be much better than the Star-Lord or Black Panther helmets. I'll definitely be getting one of these...for only $100 you can't miss out!

I dig it! I might consider updating my suit from the original to the Ant-Man/Wasp version just to justify the helmet.

Comparing it now to the screen used helmet, there's one thing sorely sticking out to me about the Hasbro helmet. The jaw piece needs to be a darker gunmetal color. It could probably use an overall repaint to give it a more metallic look. All the other details look right on.

Comparing it now to the screen used helmet, there's one thing sorely sticking out to me about the Hasbro helmet. The jaw piece needs to be a darker gunmetal color. It could probably use an overall repaint to give it a more metallic look. All the other details look right on.

All of the silver sections probably need a repaint - the screen-used helmet has a bit of a darker, more metallic finish. The jaw piece definitely needs a repaint though if one plans on keeping the default silver finish they've put on the whole thing.

Ordered mine yesterday evening. Emailed Hasbro Pulse today to see when my order will ship and they said probably tomorrow!

like someone else already mentioned if you want accuracy on anything this cheap it will need a repaint. Also for your point, not all versions of the movie helmet have a darker mouth section. It depends what part of the movie you are watching :lol:. Super excited for this helmet, its missing a couple details but i'm baffled how close it is. for that price you cannot go wrong!!

Attachments

• ermagerdddd.jpg
    ermagerdddd.jpg
    742.9 KB · Views: 508
  • ermagerdddd2.jpg
    ermagerdddd2.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 499
Last edited:
Just got mine. This thing is huge. As expected it looks like silver plastic, not at all metallic. It's really spacious inside and the head harness is softer, more comfortable material than the Iron Man one. Visibility through the lenses is good and clear. No red tint smudging like on Star Lord's helmet. The antennas come unattached. I had an issue with the blue LED in one of the them where it sometimes wouldn't turn on. I just reattached the antenna and it's been fine since then.

The one big negative: the backplate doesn't close shut at all. The clips are extremely weak. This is going to need magnets or something. Permanently keeping the back plate glued closed like I did with the Black Panther helmet isn't an option as my head is too big to simply slide the helmet on. I put some velcro near the hinge so it can only open as little as possible. Also had to hot glue the rubber eyepiece as it can move around easily while putitng on the helmet.

Last edited:
Just got mine. This thing is huge. As expected it looks like silver plastic, not at all metallic. It's really spacious inside and the head harness is softer, more comfortable material than the Iron Man one. Visibility through the lenses is good and clear. No red tint smudging like on Star Lord's helmet. The antennas come unattached. I had an issue with the blue LED in one of the them where it sometimes wouldn't turn on. I just reattached the antenna and it's been fine since then.

The one big negative: the backplate doesn't close shut at all. The clips are extremely weak. This is going to need magnets or something. Permanently keeping the back plate glued closed like I did with the Black Panther helmet isn't an option as my head is too big to simply slide the helmet on. I put some velcro near the hinge so it can only open as little as possible. Also had to hot glue the rubber eyepiece as it can move around easily while putitng on the helmet.

Need pics!! Do you think its too big for cosplay? How big is your Head?

I received mine today (was supposed to get it yesterday, but weather delay). As Synz314 mentioned, this thing is "huge." As an owner of two Rocketeer Ant-Man helmets (first movie and Civil War), this one looks and feels "oversized." Maybe if I were taller, it would look better on me, but the scale just doesn't seem right, especially when you look at movie stills and see how the eyes are framed in the lenses, the helmet is BIG. I also found it bulky and heavy on the head to wear around.

Granted it's marketed as a toy, and if you want to match the movie, it'll require a good paint job. The top black portion is about right, but to get the stainless steel or metallic look all around the face and jaw, you'll need to paint it. Another problem I found is that the battery pack for the lights (3 AA batteries!!) is where the mouth is, and it just feels too close with not a lot of room to breath or talk. I also don't see why they bothered with blue LEDs or even have LEDs at all, given that the lights weren't prominent in the film (and I don't recall the helmet changing colors when he went giant-size like the helmet did in Civil War). They should've invested those LED lights inside the helmet, close to the lenses rather than doll it up on the sides and on the top of the antennas, and again, aren't lit in the last movie.

As for cosplaying with it, I'd pass on it unless you do some painting to make it look less of a toy mask that's sold in Target. It'd be like wearing the legends Iron Man helmet that doesn't match the rest of the body armor (color or styling). I've a down payment for Rocketeer's Ant-Man and Wasp Ant-Man helmet and eagerly awaiting that one to assemble and wear.

It's a good collectors piece and am glad I got it for that reason.

Last edited:
I received mine today (was supposed to get it yesterday, but weather delay). As Synz314 mentioned, this thing is "huge." As an owner of two Rocketeer Ant-Man helmets (first movie and Civil War), this one looks and feels "oversized." Maybe if I were taller, it would look better on me, but the scale just doesn't seem right, especially when you look at movie stills and see how the eyes are framed in the lenses, the helmet is BIG. I also found it bulky and heavy on the head to wear around.

Granted it's marketed as a toy, and if you want to match the movie, it'll require a good paint job. The top black portion is about right, but to get the stainless steel or metallic look all around the face and jaw, you'll need to paint it. Another problem I found is that the battery pack for the lights (3 AA batteries!!) is where the mouth is, and it just feels too close with not a lot of room to breath or talk. I also don't see why they bothered with blue LEDs or even have LEDs at all, given that the lights weren't prominent in the film (and I don't recall the helmet changing colors when he went giant-size like the helmet did in Civil War). They should've invested those LED lights inside the helmet, close to the lenses rather than doll it up on the sides and on the top of the antennas, and again, aren't lit in the last movie.

As for cosplaying with it, I'd pass on it unless you do some painting to make it look less of a toy mask that's sold in Target. It'd be like wearing the legends Iron Man helmet that doesn't match the rest of the body armor (color or styling). I've a down payment for Rocketeer's Ant-Man and Wasp Ant-Man helmet and eagerly awaiting that one to assemble and wear.

It's a good collectors piece and am glad I got it for that reason.

Weah I would paint it, probably gut the inside, add magnets, ad a couple of missing details, possibly make the faceplate removable with magnets as well. But being scaled too large would be an issue :-/ I like the rocketeers scale on his first helmet, just big enough to fit my head, not good for much padding but Helmets in general have the issue of looking too large in real life so i prefer as small as possible while still fitting lol. However aside from needing a paint job the hasbro ant-man helmet is the most accurate model I've seen.

No, it seems accurately scaled, not oversized like the Black Panther helmet. Just the roundness of it makes it look big. My head is just over 24 inches.

can you post a pic? My heads just over 23.5 inches

Last edited:
Marvel Legends compared to Rocketeer's.
Thank You sir! Yeah scales not too bad, digging the accuracy! Keep in mind slightly different angles, I'm wondering if they scanned one of the screen used helmets, its missing a couple details but damn that shape is on point!

Attachments

• compare.jpg
    compare.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 361
Mine should be arriving next week. Can't wait to get my hands on it! It's in desperate need of a repaint, but as previously mentioned, very few detail fixes need to be made which is excellent. I'm hoping the scale isn't too off. It does look pretty huge compared to Rocketeer's other helmets. Although, I have his Civil War one and I can just barely get my head in it. I'm always afraid I'm going to crack the resin, so I never put it on. Hopefully this one is a bit more forgiving, yes still close to 1/1 scale.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back