Marty McFly + Delorean (pics)

iycis

Sr Member
I had a great opportunity to debut my Marty McFly costume at Wizard World Philly (aka Philly Comic Con) this weekend. It was SO much fun to wear and I had a great response from kids and adults alike. It was great to see that parents are still showing those movies to their kids and educating them on how awesome they are.

Usually I'm really much more of a fanatic when it comes to being screen accurate. But I knew it wasn't going to happen for this costume so I tried to work with what I could get and I made it a quest to do it as inexpensively as possible. So in the end, the costume is "close enough" to be recognizable, but I'm still happy with most of it.

From top to bottom:
The sunglasses are from Walmart.
The vest, jean jacket, and black and white shirt are from Goodwill.
The tshirt is from Target
The walkman is from Ebay.
The calculator watch it from ThinkGeek.com
The suspenders are from Hot Topic.
My pins are from an RPF member and and online guitar website.
The jeans are mine (I couldn't find better skinny jeans...I'm going to try to get better ones).
The Nike's are from an online store but I can't remember which one now.

That picture of Marty (you), Jayne, and Jango is so full of win.

I say as long as you are recognizable (and comfortable) you've done a great job. And as long as you and others had fun, what more could you ask for?

Also noticed that someone was thinking ahead by mounting that flatscreen monitor on the door showing the movie.

Thanks for sharing!

Last edited:
This is so friggen awesome! We just watched the bluray 25th anniversary edition on Friday. Love this movie, excellent costume, and I too still want a Delorean!!!!!

Yep, my son thought you were the coolest one there. He's a HUGE BTTF fan, and MJF fan as well. He watches all the re-runs of Family Ties they've been showing on HUB.
Mike

Spiffy threads, the scavenged various pieces really came together well. Nothing but praise for your resourcefulness. :thumbsup

Pretty awesome. I need a better checkered shirt and need to dye my vest darker

2011-06-15161540.jpg
[/IMG]

Yep, my son thought you were the coolest one there. He's a HUGE BTTF fan, and MJF fan as well. He watches all the re-runs of Family Ties they've been showing on HUB.
Mike

:lol He must have been so excited to get his photo in the Delorean. I know I was!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back