Marty McFly 2015 Tshirt

Discussion in 'Replica Costumes' started by lukebrynycz, May 14, 2012.

1. lukebrynycz

lukebrynycz Well-Known Member

Does anyone know which make the maroon/burgundy coloured tshirt is that Marty wore under the 2015 jacket? It looks fruit of the loom like, but hoping someone has the exact one...if they even produce it anymore ;)

2. venator

venator Member

3. joelgoodson

joelgoodson Well-Known Member

It was a Jc Penney shirt.

Now, somebody should make Marty Jr's white t-shirt with the light grey symbol.

4. lukebrynycz

Thanks for the info! How did you find that out by the way?

5. joelgoodson

joelgoodson Well-Known Member

a long time ago on the BTTF.COM board somebody got to see the shirt and apparently there was a label. My memory is fuzzy, but I'm pretty sure I'm right.

6. Roland

Roland Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

All I can say is that the crew shirts from movie 2 and 3 were from "Hanes Beefy-T". Maybe they used the same brand for Marty's shirt?!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 15, 2012
  7. lukebrynycz

Cheers guys. I ended up going with one on eBay that looked identical. I guess they won't make th originals anymore anyway.

8. dhennick99

dhennick99 Member

What brand did you go with?

9. lukebrynycz

10. bhuggs

bhuggs New Member

will you post a pic when you get the shirt?

11. lukebrynycz

Sure :thumbsup

[​IMG]

MattgomeryBurns likes this.
  12. mysterious1367

mysterious1367 New Member

Nice!!! Came out awesome...

13. MitasTouch

MitasTouch Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

14. alienscollection.com

alienscollection.com Master Member

Mitas, thanks for this - will the above t-shirt work for a Marty costume from Part I? I assume it's supposed to be the same in both movies. I just didn't know what color it was...

15. MitasTouch

MitasTouch Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Yes. It is a great shirt for a Part 1 and 2 cosplay. I have two of them lol

16. alienscollection.com

17. alienscollection.com

18. Roland

Roland Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Here's the other "screenused.com" pic, where you can see the label. I can't recognize the brand, but at least we can see, that MJF wore a shirt size M. :)

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

19. Spyhunter2k

Spyhunter2k Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Go here and scroll down to see the shirt: http://www.kristensheley.com/bttf/fx2002.html

She specifically mentions looking at the tag and noting that it was a JC Penny shirt. I believe a couple others did the same and confirmed this. I also remember it being discussed on the bttf.com site a while back.

JC Penney's plain T-shirts now are branded with their own in-store brand "St. John's Bay". They use mostly the same colors as they have for years, which is why they refer to them as their "legacy" T-shirts. Here is their "Rose Wine" color, which is what I have:

2015-09-01 12_28_51-St. John's Bay® Basic Tee - JCPenney.jpg

Now compare:

Jacket-Shirt.jpg

Good enough for me, and I feel a bit more authentic since it's a JC Penney shirt.

Of note, in both the pic of Marty above and on the sites showing the screen-used shirts, it appears that the shirts have been washed several times to break them in and fade them a bit. i will be experimenting with mine to try to duplicate this when I get back to the States in October.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
  20. KyleReese2015

KyleReese2015 Active Member

So I hope this thread isn't dead cause I need help on Marty McFly Jr's Shirt. It's white, but it has a light grey design on it. Does anyone have any clues on what the design is?

21. Davidsjferguson

Davidsjferguson Active Member

Check out the project runs, @cavx has run going at the moment

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=245734

cavx likes this.
  22. KyleReese2015

KyleReese2015 Active Member

Thanks for the link Davidsjferguson. That post saved me time. Now to find some affordable Mags...

Davidsjferguson and cavx like this.
  23. BTTFSpencer

BTTFSpencer Sr Member

Anyone have updates on this? I would like to get the closest possible McFly shirt. I've looked into Gildan brand shirts, since they have them in cardinal red, but I'm thinking someone out there may know better.

Cheers.

24. cavx

cavx Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I did a run of Marty McFly Jr shirts and still have shirts left over. If you are interested in one, please post in thread in the JY.
    As for the maroon shirt Marty (snr) McFly wears, it comes down to hit and miss. Plain Tees are not easy to find in the right colour. I paid over $20 for mine were normally the same shirt (any other colour) would have been about $10.

25. BTTFSpencer

BTTFSpencer Sr Member

Where did you get your maroon shirt? I've been looking up cardinal red tee's.

26. maton

maton Active Member

I got mine recently on eBay. I bought a 'New Gildan 100% Heavy Cotton T-Shirt' It says 24 colours. I got it in 'Cardinal Red'. Happy with the colour and quality so far and it's a great price too. £1.92 + £1.40 postage.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2018
    BTTFSpencer likes this.
  27. MattgomeryBurns

MattgomeryBurns Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

So I think I might have scored a vintage JC Penny shirt on eBay. This one pictured is coming with a lot of vintage JC Penny shirts, so we'll see when it arrives.

s-l1600.jpg

28. MattgomeryBurns

Welp that was a bust. The shirt ended up being more pink and BVD brand. There were 2 red JC Penny shirts in the lot but they have a breast pocket. So the search continues.

29. AssCred

AssCred Active Member

It's really easy to find a maroon shirt on Ebay. Be sure and ask the seller for a non-flash picture when dealing with reds, though. A very tricky color to buy online. I speak from experience.

Because dark crimson red is my favorite color, I have many shirts in this color. You'll find it. Trust me.

30. MattgomeryBurns

Oh I'm trying to go full replica here, a vintage maroon JC Penny shirt just like Marty wore in the movie. They have not been easy to find.

31. AssCred

AssCred Active Member

What exactly is the difference, apart from what the label says?

32. MattgomeryBurns

Accuracy

33. AssCred

AssCred Active Member

Seems like a waste of time to me. But, have fun.

34. MattgomeryBurns

Thanks, I really appreciate your opinion. Feel free to chime in on other threads with your opinions about screen accuracy - I'm sure the long time members would love to hear your thoughts.

35. AssCred

AssCred Active Member

The fact you replied to this shows me you do care about my opinion. :cool

For all the trouble and expense you're putting yourself through to find a shirt that 1. Will be entirely covered by everything else in your costume and 2. is identical to literally every other generic shirt apart from the label, yeah, is a bit insane to me.

I admire the keen eyes on this site and the attention to detail everyone puts forth, but if you want to continue to torture yourself over such a meager find, I have no issues. Go for it. But I'm entitled to my opinion, otherwise don't make a topic.

Edit: Troll? :lol Lots of luck online, dude, if you think this is trolling.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
  36. MattgomeryBurns

You're wrong again. Just here to point out that trolls don't last long here. I've seen that the mods have already deleted at least one of your posts. If you don't care about screen accuracy, this isn't the place for you.

37. SeanMcFly

SeanMcFly New Member

I have no idea if this thread will be revived, but I'm actually a bit of a believer that the shirt is a very pinkish red. The first movie shirt was definitely light burgundy, but as you can see in this photo, in very bright but albeit natural light, it has a prominent pinkish hue to it:

film-back_to_the_future_2-1989-marty_mcfly-michael_j_fox-jackets-jacket.jpg

And even in darker and neutral interior lights, you can see it retains a bit of the pink:

Screen Shot 2018-03-30 at 12.01.57 AM.png Screen Shot 2018-03-30 at 12.02.12 AM.png
    The closest things I found was the Hanes (thanks for the spark on the "crew shirt brand", Roland!) ComfortBlend in "heather red": https://www.hanes.com/shop/hanes/men/t-shirts/short-sleeve/hanes-mens-t-shirt-h5170 , and Gildan in both "antique cherry red" or heliconia: https://www.mygildan.com/store/browse/productDetailsPage.jsp?productId=5000 . When I get my shah safari (or Max Cady) checkered shirt I'm snatching one of those 3 up.

Thoughts on the pinkish hue for the BTTF 2 shirt?

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
    MattgomeryBurns likes this.
  38. teedoubleyou

teedoubleyou New Member

I agree the colour seems lighter in the later movies which you could maybe achieve with washing with some bleach to fade. I also found this shirt on ebay which seems an accurate colour the burgandy

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/141035970056

Anyone have hints on finding some nike bruins he wears or replica/fakes. £300 is the cheapest i find o ebay but not my size... bit overpriced. I was looking at recreating the look with nike cortez or nike blazers using nike's id range (choose your own colours)

SeanMcFly likes this.
  39. SeanMcFly

SeanMcFly New Member

Oh wow I didn't even think to bleach wash it slightly. Good thinking. I'm gonna grab a cardinal red gildan and do that I think! And no luck on the bruins unfortunately. I've seen some on etsy but not too many pairs end up there.

40. audis4

audis4 Active Member

any updates on the t-shirt