Marshal O'Niel, Sean Connery. Outland 1981. Clothears Costumes.

Sterlacchini

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Something I'd been trying to put together for a while, but then gave up and asked Clothears Costumes to make it for me.

I provided the patches and some of the accessories (I think the badge was from someone on RPF), but everything else is Clothears.

Finding the right material, getting the correct cut etc. etc. The usual Clothears attention to detail.

Very happy with it.

TORSO.jpg

ANGLE.jpg

FULL COSTUME.jpg

Wow, just wow !!! I very badly want to do a Deputy version of this costume. I have the requisite patches and hat, just need the shirt and pants.
I am working on adapting a resin badge I picked up.
Deputy in progressResize.jpg

I am using these image as a guide.
Deputy badge close up.png
Deputy badge 01.jpg
Deputy badge 02.jpg
Deputy badge 03.jpg

I join Sgt Montone in raising a beer in salute to your costume, looks fantastic.
con-am_beer_can_montone_screenshot-small.png

Thank you!

I've been sitting on a lot of the accessories for years, hoping someone else would do a run on the shirt and trousers :)

I finally decided to bring in a professional maker (Clothears) when I thought I needed an easy to pack costume for an overseas convention.

That looks really nice.

Tell me about those shoes- they look like mid-height Stan Smiths? I lived in Stans in the 80’s (and occasionally since) but never knew about a talker version…

Correct.

After freeze framing the HD film multiple times, I decided that they could have used some sort of Stan Smith. Mainly because of the three lines of perforations. Though they look to be modified on screen (or perhaps a 1980 version?)

The may have been mid height (which are a pain to find in mens sizes), or a normal height with stuff added.

They may have been something completely different, but I thought unmodified Stan Smiths would be good enough.

IMG_5408.JPG

Really hard to be certain from that image, but it looks like a regular lo-top with the “spat” added that goes around the heel (probably to cover the green on the back)

Something I'd been trying to put together for a while,]
This is my uniform; the problem is that I just lost the shirt at Dragoncon, including the badge.

The badge was an antique that I've had since the '80s...it was just waiting until I got old and grizzled enough to use it.

I only wore the costume twice....

I can make a new shirt, but I have no idea how to replace the badge...does anyone know where I can get one?

Attachments

• me oneil outland dragoncon squadroom.jpg
    me oneil outland dragoncon squadroom.jpg
    833.7 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
He guys. I was wondering if anyone had figured out a way to get the badge? I really want to get this for cos-play but the badge is the real problem.

Really hard to be certain from that image, but it looks like a regular lo-top with the “spat” added that goes around the heel (probably to cover the green on the back)
Hi. Not a member but they weren’t Adidas. I’ve been trying to find a pair since I had an original pair in 1979/1980. They were white leather not dissimilar to your high top Stans. Bought my originals from RSoles on Kings Rd London. Thought they may have been Keds or Ruccanor but haven’t been successful yet. I’ll know them when I see them which is why I found this thread. I knew Connery had worn them in Outland.

Correct.

After freeze framing the HD film multiple times, I decided that they could have used some sort of Stan Smith. Mainly because of the three lines of perforations. Though they look to be modified on screen (or perhaps a 1980 version?)

The may have been mid height (which are a pain to find in mens sizes), or a normal height with stuff added.

They may have been something completely different, but I thought unmodified Stan Smiths would be good enough.

View attachment 1471208
Found them. They were a shorter version of Kio’s Rider boots. Probably whited out the usual red logo. I had a pair from 1979-1982 all white no red logo to side but had red logo on sole. Hope this helps.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back