Markpoon McFlys on eBay. Scammer - starwear_status01

Alan Castillo

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
OK, this one has me foxed.

I am opening this thread so as not to load the main Nike McFly one with this 'case'.

The auction in question is this one

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

eBay name : starwear_status01

Facebook Name : Starwear Status

Here are the relevant quotes from the main thread relating to this.

Yep.. dont forget these are.. I quote "LIMITED ADDITION SAMPLE MCFLY'S!! SAVE BIG!! $$$$$"

Limited Addition? :lol

Heres my reply from this ****** of a seller.

Hi, first of all I clearly stated in my auction that these are prop samples, so people know they are not the recent 2011 Nike Mag release.
I also paid almost 1300usd for these years ago and mine came with an official numbered double sided certificate of authenticity!
I’m sure there were moulds made out of the few genuine pairs that were made as sample's but I’m afraid you have your facts wrong about this instance..
While we are on the topic, I would be happy to show you the official certificate of authenticity that came with my pair for clarification, that im not ripping anyone off! That I assure :). Thank You
PS - What is your email!? I would be happy to show you proof, but please do not accuse someone of doing something wrong before you have your facts right!
Thank You

Clearly, this guy is a loser of the highest order!

lee

Or he was tricked as well.

Yeah but tricked "years ago" with a pair that come with EL strip for the strap?
Mark only supplied that recently......nah, i call him out as a very sad individual who's out to deceive some poor mug who knows no better.

lee

Those markpoon shoes have gone up to $1425.

The whole world is falling apart.

Alan, bud i had a classic response fron that loon, ill post it up in a sec, but basically, he now calls Markpoon a recaster, as his ( the seller ) are the originally made ones.
This is the reason, cousins, should never mate!

Lee

This was his response lst night.

Hi, after doing further research i discovered this email - poonwk@starhub.net.sg to be a person i came into contact with in the past, and in fact they wanted to purchase these from me yrs ago, when i attempted to sell them the first time and in the end decided to just keep them for myself!
Seems they got a hold of a pair somehow and had them copied right in their backyard in Singapore!! I knew this couldn’t have been right!! What a sign of relief on my behalf :) At least i know mine are what’s stated on the certificate, & remember they are stated limited addition, so it’s the numbers on the certificate u have to look out for because their where only fewer than 1000 made so if the numbers go beyond 950 you know you have yourself a gd fake! My pair are 50 of 950 made!
Thank You

Clearly, he's pretty insane, i just feel for the poor naive fella who wins the auction, and actually parts with hard cash.

lee

I call BS on that reply.

Did he send you the COA ? That should be a laugh, and its also vital.

It is also important to ask him exactly where / from who he got his shoes from. I bet you his answer will be "I don't remember".

I decided to write to the seller myself. These are the emails so far. I have edited out email details and his name.

I asked him about the certificate of authenticity.

----------------------
To:
Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2011 10:58 AM
Subject:
Hi, here is the Original Certificate of Authenticity you requested for this limited addition release for the Nike Mags which is officially numbered and is Double sided. :)

These were a sample Pre-release to the Nike Mag 2011 before they were actually perfected & this particular pair were featured by RIF .LA, a consignment store in Los Angeles and in the Sneaker-Pimps Showcase, also featured in Sneaker Freaker Magazine!

These are definitely an amazing collectors addition for any BTTF fan & will always have great re-sales value!

Thank You for your interest.

Ps - I can also take offers :)----------------------

And these are the pics he sent me

212.jpg

222-600x427.jpg

232-600x450.jpg

242-600x450.jpg

Back_To_the_Future_Limited_Addition_Nike_Mag_Mcfly_s_.JPG

OBVIOUSLY, the above is Marpoon's certificate (from the sales thread).

nam9-600x450.jpg

So I sent him this email

----------------------------------------------------
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 02:08:01 -0700
Subject: Re:
To:
Hi xxx ,

Many thanks for the photos.

What I cannot see, however, is the official numbering ? Also, do you know who made these (I assume they are long sold out ?)

Thanks & regards,

Alan
----------------------------------------

To which he replied

----------------------------------------
To:
Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2011 11:42 AM
Subject: RE:
There You go! :) As you see it is numbered 95 and from memory i remember only a very few hundred were ever produced and yes have now long sold out and in the hands of Collectors! :)
These were officially made exclusively by a shoe veteran of more than 30yrs who has been custom making shoes for celebrities in Hollywood for many years, as to who I am not sure, but these are the details i remember as these have been a part of my collections for quite some time. Thank You

Please feel free to make me and offer if you wish & would be happy to make a consideration. Thank You
-----------------------------------------

With this as an attachment (only then did I notice the number).

BTTF-Nike-Mag-Certificate-O-337x600.jpg

I have now sent him an email asking him to specify where he bought them from.

No reply yet at time of writing this.

---------------------------------------------------------------

What bothers me is this :

Who put the number of the 'COA' (?) , because markpoon's doesn't carry one.

The seller is obviously bull****ting by saying that these are "sample Pre-release to the Nike Mag 2011 before they were actually perfected" :rolleyes

But on the other hand, he has twice mentioned to me a "a shoe veteran of more than 30yrs". (which he does not mention on his listing).

Ring a bell ? That's Mark's sales pitch.

And that is what concerns me with this, is that the seller may be a member here, and bought the shoes from one of Mark's runs.

That being the case, he is most certainly despicable.

Opinions ?

Mark, you should chime in here, and I will gladly pass you his personal details by PM for you to check your sales records.

Last edited:
Re: Markpoon McFlys on eBay. Scammer. Member here

If he wanted to sell the shoes because he thought he would get a big profit because of all the Nike hype fine, but the fact that he is saying they are the pre-release shoes and not acknowledging the original maker and where he got them from is down right fraudulent. I reckon he printed the '95' number over the top. By the time ebay investigate the sale I'm sure the auction will be long gone unfortunately...

If he wanted to sell the shoes because he thought he would get a big profit because of all the Nike hype fine, but the fact that he is saying they are the pre-release shoes and not acknowledging the original maker and where he got them from is down right fraudulent. I reckon he printed the '95' number over the top. By the time ebay investigate the sale I'm sure the auction will be long gone unfortunately...

Oh yes, he's going to sell them one way or the other. That's a given fact.

What concerns me is that I think he is a member here.

And still no reply to my last email asking where he bought them from ........ he was quick enough to answer the other emails.

From eBay. But Mark doesn't offer any COA there.

I've PM'd Mark to have a look at this thread.

Maybe he really is that dumb that he bought them from somewhere thinking they are pre-nike sale samples, after all he is'nt very good at spelling or stringing a sentence together. One can only hope this money will fund his education. Go back to school kid!

I too have emailed him. I doubt I'll get a different response but just wanted to see if he slips up and gives a different story.

"From me: Hi,

I am interested in your shoes. Where did you get them from originally? "

And here he is.

230653_163178683742251_162365110490275_362642_1173761_n.jpg

He seems to be quite into BTTF stuff judging from his facebook page.

Omg how dumb is he... this just says it all...

"Starwear Status Hey, champ Nike has not produced authentic pairs yet, until 2015 which is the actual official release time!! However the gd news is, i have a pair that comes with an official licensed certificate of authenticity from a famous shoe maker to the stars!! Those I’m selling for $1200.00 and you will get the certificate of authenticity as proof with your purchase. These shoes will also only ever go up in value and I’m officially the only person that i know of, that actually owns a pair within Australia! Impossible to get my friend :) Here is the link to the pair I’m referring to – Starwear Status's Photos - Back To The Future Movie Props & Merchandise | Facebook
June 2 at 1:27am

Starwear Status Here is the link which contains the Certificate of Authenticity - http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=163188327074620&set=a.163178610408925.38570.162365110490275&type=1&theater"

These shoes have the exact same number, 95... as the ones he is pawning off on ebay. And this was back in June... makes me think he has some fascination with the number 95, that or he is just too lazy to even print a different number over the photo

i reported his facebook page as a scam too, i doubt facebook will do anything, but maybe if enough people do it we can bring him down?

OK folks, now THIS is very interesting.

This is another photo from his Facebook page (amongst others of a pair of total light-up shoes)

229452_165307550196031_162365110490275_375485_932290_n.jpg

230512_165307473529372_162365110490275_375481_6904781_n.jpg

Back To The Future Nike Mag 2015 Sneakers, Fully Converted L.E.D (Lightups!)

He obviously has 2 pairs of shoes.

The only person on this planet I know of who makes this, is Pitbull, and ONLY on the RPF.

Paging Pitbull. Have you made any conversions for someone in Australia ? Will also gladly pass this guy's name etc by PM.

Last edited:

Those shoes look weird... the top white bits are made of foam or something... dont look like marks shoes. The ones in the auction do though.

Those shoes look weird... the top white bits are made of foam or something... dont look like marks shoes. The ones in the auction do though.

That's what I was thinking too. They seem to be made entirely of cloth too.

Maybe Pitbull did not 'convert' these ?

If he did, they'd be hard to forget :lol

Glad you saw them on ebay and started this thread. I was wondering the same thing about them: where did they come from and who is this?

Many zero or one post new members have been hounding the junkyard with questions about their availability. I didn't know new members like that could even post in the junkyard.

Anyhow, lots of weird stuff going on since nike came out with the real deals.

I've seen that first pic of the shoes on this forum before but it was in a desk and not edited. And those in the second pic look like these here

http://www.therpf.com/f24/back-future-2015-nike-s-3418/index5.html

to narrow it down, just Mark's current run and his previous run included the cards which is less than 20 buyers all together

Quote from that thread brought here

Ive started a thread regarding my quite possibly or indeed definitely stupid attempt to use magnets inside a board to make it hover.

It will all end in tears when a pair of scissors flies my way!

Heres the thread if your interested... :D LINKY

DSCF0192.jpg

Look like the same to me.

If they were made by Emeldahay (who is in the US), then they must have been sold to the scammer, who is in Australia.

That's what logic tells me (?)

Nope look carefully the paint splatter on the soles are different than the above picture

I think it's just the lighting.

EDIT - or could be someone added more splatters if its the same pair. Depends if there was ever a run of these.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back