Mark 39 "Gemini" Helmet

devildog12

So I've been wanting to do this helmet for awhile and after looking and looking, I couldn't find one that looked good enough to 3d print so I took it upon myself to make my own with a few of my own touches. I plan on making this helmet's faceplate open a little bit more differently than the traditional Iron Man helmet with just a traditional hinge. After I finish this particular helmet up, I'll release the files to the community. :) Tell me what you think
Gemini_Front Closed.JPG

The link to the file is here.
It should be scaled to a 23 inch head.
PLEASE NO SELLING THE FILE & DON'T PUT IT ON THINGIVERSE.

Gemini_side Closed.JPG

Gemini_front Open.JPG

Gemini_side Open.JPG

Last edited:
It is even great since i dont know why but every pep files for the mk39 disapeared

Envoyé de mon SM-G530W en utilisant Tapatalk

Just the helmet ? Or will you build the rest of the suit later?
Seems incomplete without the rest

I haven't figured out whether or not I want to do the whole suit yet or not, I've thought about, I've got a lot of projects going at one time. I might just do the helmet for now then do the suit later down the line.

Last edited:
gotta say love how it opens and mates with the eye segments, looks good, hope after you can work on the full suit,

So after a bout of pneumonia I've finally put the finishing touches on the model and am printing it now. It's printed in a special clear PLA that is heat resistant (after I stick the parts in the oven) I should have the whole helmet printed before the weekend starts so I can start working on it by then. I'll post more pics as I get the parts done. I also made the helmet a little bigger to accommodate all the electronics I'm going to jam in it.

1a00a8ec2d82d272b761f596aee69c59.jpg

0309705ae5184e31081e1bff34dce55b.jpg

a3b13c9cbb1b95096038f088f3a8eede.jpg

The faceplate is printing now and then it will totally finished up printing wise. From there I'm going to start the sanding and primer phase. I haven't quite worked out how I'm going to do the eye movement yet but have a few ideas. Tonite I'm going epoxy the inside to make it durable. I'm already working on a version 2 with the hexagonal pattern on the back and on the sides. I'm also going to be working on a custom hinge for the main face plate since it is somewhat complicated.
49a38854be5a287e345e524a17e5e75f.jpg

e5d73ce2ce1b3ec926e767fd6a550c24.jpg

Awesome model dude, cannot wait to see this thing finished! Maybe I will even continue my Mk 39 once you release the file!
Can you estimate how much filament you used?

Best Regards, Cri7e

Gesendet von meinem A0001 mit Tapatalk

Awesome model dude, cannot wait to see this thing finished! Maybe I will even continue my Mk 39 once you release the file!
Can you estimate how much filament you used?

Best Regards, Cri7e

Gesendet von meinem A0001 mit Tapatalk

I'm unsure how much filament I used, I did a couple of scale test prints and it wasnt terrible. Less than a kilo that I know for sure.

So guys I come bearing good news and sadly some bad news as well. First lets start off with the bad news first and we can get that out of the way. So in the past couple of years I've had issues with my hands swelling, aching so forth to the point where I can't grip anything at all or even hold anything for long periods of time. Basically it doesn't allow me (for now) to finish this helmet or take on any other projects until I get this problem under control. From what the doctors are telling me, its a severe form of rheumatoid arthritis that is actually deforming some of my bones. With that said I am releasing the files for my Gemini helmet tonight, it is ready to print with no errors in the stl's. Strangely enough I am able to use a keyboard and mouse no problem and have been working on converting MZX's "Hulkbuster Mash-up" into a 3d-printable file with more added details. I have no idea how long that is going to take since I'm a perfectionist when it comes to modeling :lol. Anyways enjoy the file and have fun with it. NO SELLING THE FILE and don't put it on THINGIVERSE please.

Last edited by a moderator:
@devildog12:I wish you a speedy recovery (if at all possible) so that you may get back to your crafting

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back