Mark 21 "Midas" Armor

Discussion in 'Marvel Costumes and Props' started by BlueSteel, Jun 9, 2015.

1. BlueSteel

BlueSteel Guest

Hey crafters,
    My next build is looking to be the Mk 21. image.jpg This is intended to be a mostly movie-accurate suit, with animatronic weapons and such (3D printed probably). After extensive research, I have a couple questions about the armor itself.
    1: This suit is just a repaint of Mk 7 right?
    2: Anybody know if this suit has any weapons systems, being a specialty suit?
    3: The paint job is three different shades of gold and a bit of silver right? Any ideas about the paints types?
    4: And lastly, strictly opinion based, which of the like three sets of Mk 7 FOAM files are the best cross between moderate difficulty and accuracy, or which did you like the best?

Thanks for reading!
    This will probably turn into a progress thread in due time, AKA when I'm done with Mk 3 :)

Bright likes this.
  2. Iggy

Iggy Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

1: Yes it would appear to be just a repaint
    2: No clue
    3: Gold, Copper, and Silver from what I could tell
    4: Someone else would need to answer this

I thought about making or having one of these made. It is a very distinct coloration versus the red and gold.

Good luck with the build!

3. Dumontrudisel

Dumontrudisel Well-Known Member

4. BlueSteel

BlueSteel Guest

So in the hot toys version it looks like Mk 7 helm but apparently the version on the link has the "Thin-chinned" helm instead, as well as the silver centurion neck. Having a different armor neck while the rest of the suit is Mk 7 seems odd to me. Maybe just a mistake on the list. Thoughts?

5. Dumontrudisel

Dumontrudisel Well-Known Member

I'd just go with a reskinned Mark 7. The difference in the neck and helmets is so minimal I wouldn't worry...unless youre a perfectionist

6. BlueSteel

BlueSteel Guest

My thoughts exactly :) I am a bit OCD, but I'll just say I'm doing off of the Hot Toys model, just for the heck of it ;)