Mark 1 iron man helmet

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

propmainiac

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi all...
Finally got my 3d printer fixed thanks to a freind of mine. Im currently printing a mark 1 iron man helmet....looks kinda big. Does anyone have one of these? What is the average measurement of these?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Synz314

Sr Member
I have the Chinese metal one, which seems pretty close to the Marvel Masterworks helmet. It's pretty big. It should comfortably fit a 25" head.

propmainiac

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Sooo after 34 hours printing i have this! Its 4 separate peices. Started as two peices but its too big for my printer. Starting the lower half tonight. This peice will be big enough i can use a hand sander on it!

Attachments

• IMG_20200821_202709.jpg
    IMG_20200821_202709.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 55

Synz314

Sr Member
Ok well the one im printing looks big but i do have a large cranium. How large are the eye openings on yours?
The eye openings are about 2.75" across. Just under 1" tall towards the center of the face and 1.5" tall on the other end.

Overall approximate measurements of the helmet:
Width: 8.5"
Depth: 10.25"
Height: 11.5"

I used to have a resin one from another maker, TCS Replica, that was quite larger.

IMG_20191030_142106__01.jpg

propmainiac

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Thank that helps....looks like the one im printing is slightly larger. Heres the front with all the peices printed

Attachments

• IMG_20200823_162816.jpg
    IMG_20200823_162816.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 35

Sybernettik

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Thank that helps....looks like the one im printing is slightly larger. Heres the front with all the peices printed

Wow. I really like the material you are using, especially with that shine. Where did you get it from if you don't mind me asking? :D

propmainiac

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So finished this guy up today! Its hinged at the top and even has a magnet to keep both halves closed. Here it is with my mark 1 reactor. Should it be lined with something? Seen the film dozens of times but cant tell.

Attachments

• IMG_20200913_150258.jpg
    IMG_20200913_150258.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 33