Marilyn Monroe Subway Dress Facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DRA buyers ???

Did you attend the DRA? Anyway to find out who bought which lots?
movieflagsx.jpg

That was the first time I have read your Blog. And most likely the last. After your little pissing match thread about Alec and your whining in that blog post seams like all you really want to do is complain about someone.

After reading a few blogs questioning the Marilyn Monroe Subway Dress from The Seven Year Itch recently sold at Profiles in History, I decided to get the facts first, (what a novel idea), and write an article.

Here it is:

Marilyn Monroe Seven Year Itch Dress

But did you answer the actual question being asked by the other blogs? To my understanding, it was never questioned that it was an authentic dress made for the film (one of 4 apparently), the question was always whether it was _specifically_ the dress Monroe is wearing in that scene (as Profiles claimed), which still seems to be a matter of discussion. I don't think anyone was suggesting it was a fake, or mis-labeled or anything.

Jim, I don't think you're fooling many people with your 'objective observer' claim anymore.

Rkpeterson. You have been talking nonsense concerning me and Profiles for God knows how long. Do me a favor, back up what you say or don't say it.

For those of you interested in relevant, fact based comments, continue reading.

As for the different Monroe postings and re postings from various forums and blogs, I said that it is always better to contact everyone involved for the full story. That was and is my main point.

There were a few posts on forums/blogs which I was referencing. I pointed readers to a writer of an article and advised them to read it with his updates, etc.

That was the first time I have read your Blog. And most likely the last. After your little pissing match thread about Alec and your whining in that blog post seams like all you really want to do is complain about someone.

I will reply, but I would like to point out to the admins I did not bring the subject up in this thread. Only the Monroe dress.

1.) Alec and Dan have denied in the past publicly, that thePropblog was started by Alec to promote his company, Propworx. Recently, I provided a court document that says otherwise.
AlecPropworxCourtCase.jpg

Court document submitted to the court by Alec and his attorney.

2.) Alec had some issues with his shipping company for Propworx. There is another article here about it. The writer of the article stated, "I do fault Propworx here in that Collectible Shipping Service was presented as a third-party, and given Alec Peters’ role in the development of the fulfillment company, I believe that should have been disclosed." To be fair, nobody's perfect and mistakes sometimes happen.

3.) Alec and Dan have also denied other things in print that have been verified to be true as well. A transcript supporting everything I have said is being transcribed as I write this. Hopefully this will clarify a lot of things. Dan sure had a lot to say...

4.) Dan and Alec started a smear campaign against me when Dan posted an interview on May 25th with CEO and namesake of Julien's Auctions, Darren Julien which discussed the Debbie Reynolds auction. In the interview Mr Julien said:"We turned down handling the collection of Debbie Reynolds", and "not a good fit for our business model at this time". Profiles in History ultimately received the auction contract, and Dan Benton commented, "Joe Maddalena and Profiles in History were right there to pick up the scraps".

I commented on Dan's blog and said I thought referring to Miss Reynolds collection as "scraps" was not proper and that Mr. Julien's interview comments did not fully support his statements in court documents.

After reading Dan's interview with Darren Julien, Todd Fisher contacted Dan and asked that his side of things be published. Mr. Fisher told me Dan initially refused. Dan published his original article May 25th. It's important to note that not long after reading Dan's article, Todd Fisher said to Dan, “All the things (Darren Julien) said are without foundation.” Then almost 3 weeks later, with only five days before the auction, Dan finally published Mr. Fisher's comments.

I have only made fact based comments without personal attacks or name calling, as has been the case towards myself ever since this began.

Frankly "the shoot the messenger" thing is getting old.

Dan and Alec have inaccurately and unfairly said things in past and present published comments. Dan has also admitted to not always contacting parties involved in articles he has written. An example of this is Dan saying he did not bother to contact Profiles because "they never get back to me". Dan should at least should try and then say Profiles did not get back to him. Instead, Dan and sometimes others, publish just to get their story up. As a matter of fact, Dan told Todd Fisher that exact thing when Mr. Fisher asked Dan why he did not contact Mr. Fisher before publishing the Darren Julien article. I know that because Mr. Fisher mentioned it when I spoke with him in CA.

I enjoy this hobby and do it for the fun, education, and preservation of what is for me, an important part of film history.

Others are free to focus on the negative aspects, untruths, and pettiness if that makes them happy.

Attacking me and others, banning people from forums on false accusations, etc, will not change the truth or make anyone go away.

Have a nice day :cool

Last edited:
And you posted all that for what reason? I've seen this already and I don't care. Your issues with each other need to be kept off the board.

+1 to that.

Why do we need it re-posted here?

You post plenty of links to your website here already. How could we miss it?

And you posted all that for what reason? I've seen this already and I don't care. Your issues with each other need to be kept off the board.

Because you brought it up in this thread.

I didn't.

After your little pissing match thread about Alec and your whining in that blog post seams like all you really want to do is complain about someone.

It has nothing to do with "complaining about someone" and all to do with being honest.

Nothing more.

Because you brought it up in this thread.

I didn't.

It has nothing to do with "complaining about someone" and all to do with being honest.

Nothing more.

I did not say with whom you had a beef with until you took it as an invitation to regurgitate your arguments. Which if I am not mistaken was removed from the RPF once already.

This is really not a fight for the RPF. Most people who care about this situation already know the details and already have their opinions set in stone and it is unlikely that anything said here will change minds or win hearts to the opposing viewpoints. Let's focus on the good in this hobby and the cool things and not the seedy underbelly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back