Margot Robbie To Lead New PotC Film

Guess you missed the reboot they are planning.

The project is also separate from the Pirates of the Caribbean reboot first reported in late 2019 with franchise vet Ted Elliott and Chernobyl creator Craig Mazin on writing duties. Jerry Bruckheimer, who produced the previous films, will also produce Robbie's movie and the reboot.

I watched a few of the movies because I like Pirates. Thought it mainly was a poor ripoff of monkey island. Even monkey island was inspired by the themepark.

Isnt Johnny Depp the PotC? Isn’t he why we all watched those movies? Unless your a hardcore Disney fan who loves the PotC lore, who are these movies for?

I hated the Johnny Depp character after the first movie. In fact I started to hate all of the main cast but Barbossa ( Geoffrey Rush) and the minor pirate guys. It was a very tiring old stick and same jokes in each movie. I think they could of done few other pirate captains and story beyond those characters.

Not sure how Robbie would do as a female pirate lead. I like her as an actress. Just might have a Cutthroat Island feel to me with Morgan (geena Davis) I enjoyed that movie as well and think it’s kinda under rated by most.

nofromme.gif

She's talented but I just don't see her for this and on top of that, the people that did Birds of Prey are involved. Hard pass.

Last edited:
I don’t think a female lead necessarily means they’re trying to go “woke”, I just don’t understand rebooting a franchise that just ended a few years ago. Maybe give it a decade

It's essentially a double reboot. There are doing a 'reboot' of PoTC which was already in the works, this is a second project from what i understand.

POTC is my favorite Disney attraction of all time. Well... the rumor has been for a while that the famous "redhead" in the auction scene in the Disneyland and Walt Disney World rides might be in new POTC films. To remove the politically incorrect depiction of human slavery, the "Buy A Bride" auction scene was modified, and the buxom "we wants the redhead" character was remade into a female pirate named.... Redd.

Not sure if Margot would be THIS character, however, as Karen Gillan would make a MUCH better Redd female pirate IMHO.

So this character:
340?cb=20070616140238.jpg

...was changed to this in the attraction...

1593638539708.jpeg

...which became this walk-around meet-n-greet in the theme parks...

Nd9GcQ-xTizMOmi_Esy1lFIra45FeOToRGkyr8IDQ&usqp=CAU.jpg

...but I am sure there are concerns if Karen could be the lead in a film.

1279028.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back