Manwithaplan99's Superior Spider-man build! Disappointment ahoy!

Re: Manwithaplan99's Superior Spider-man build! (UPDATE New Hd PIcs up!)

I have to agree that the face shell seems to be throwing all of the proportions off. It's not the lenses.

As for the claws, because you have already sewn the hands up, you'll probably have to make claws that attach to your fingertips over the glove parts. You could probably sculpt, mold and cast some finger claws and then attach them (epoxy maybe?) to the finger tips of the glove parts.

msleeper, I agree on the head proportions, I am only the the current kid's spidey mask as a placeholder, Ill probably get one from AZspidey in the near future( is he still doing runs?)

as for sshastings, pm me. :)

Yes he is still doing runs. He won't have any till after Phoenix comic con though. You seem to have a pretty small frame and body though. I fear even with an AZspidey face shell it might look a little tool big. Worth a shot though. I still say you should try with no face shell and see how it looks. Or maybe try trimming down the kids mask you have.

I attempted to make the talons/claws on my left hand. What do you guys think?
dscn1198t.jpg

dscn1200i.jpg

Re: Manwithaplan99's Superior Spider-man build! Claws ahoy!

I think you can make those claws more pronounced...I'm not sure how. For some reason I keep thinking of a thimble type claw or object....

thats pretty cool man! Keep it up and I'm looking forward to the final product.

^^^ Haha, thanks for the kind words! Also, the nail idea seems pretty, I may have to test it. Thanks! :D

I went looking for superior spider-man cosplay on google and found your thread. I'm building the same suit and some zipper references would be very helpful.
I have a zentai suit with the zipper across the back and it's awesome, but I don't want assistance with zipping it up. I would prefer to go across the lower back and up the side like in tasm.

I couldn't find a way to make the superior style lenses, so I will probably just stick some Amazing spider-man 2 lenses on.

The suit looks great. If you puff paint the webs most of the sewing lines will be covered. It will look more like a 1 piece suit that way ;)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back