Manwithaplan99's Superior Spider-man build! Disappointment ahoy!

Re: (WIP) Superior Spider-Man suit (Suit 90% done)

Finally fixed the "big head" problem. Also sorry for the shiny left eye, its because of the light hitting it.
imageqxfc.jpg

imagebdjj.jpg

imagekhpd.jpg

imagejmv.jpg

Re: Manwithaplan99's Superior Spider-man build!

I'm still considering whether to puff paint the honey combs and webs. If I will, I'll probably sent it to El Fett. If only I had the money... :(

I really need some advice on the lenses because the ones i have right now arent really doing the job for me. I tried the clear casting resing method, but it didnt work out. I need a way to make them without buying one off somebody.

Manwithaplan99's Superior Spider-man build!

Hey man I wouldn't paint the small details on this suit I think it would look fine as it is or just the web lines painted

looks awesome man but i still think the heads a bit too big =/ It just looks a bit wierd.

But apart from that its looking awesome!!

looks awesome man but i still think the heads a bit too big =/ It just looks a bit wierd.

But apart from that its looking awesome!!

I was thinking the same thing it almost looks like a crash helmet i can't work out how or why it looks that over sized :confused

Here guys, I can see what you guys are talking about the bug head, and Web_Slinger
I was thinking the same thing it almost looks like a crash helmet i can't work out how or why it looks that over sized
Its the lenses that make my head look big, as I said, these are only practice lenses to see what I need to improve on.
Heres the mask without the lenses with the faceshell. As you can see my head look normal.
imageshkn.jpg

imageufk.jpg

Here's the mask without the face shell.
imagevfi.jpg

Here it is with the lenses
imagenixp.jpg

imagevds.jpg

Heres the face shell without the mask, but with the lenses attached.
imagepmg.jpg

imagekid.jpg

For those who want to know, here's the visibility in the mask.
imageflc.jpg

I think the test lenses do contribute alot to the "oversized" look, but the faceplate doesn't help the situation too much either. I like how it looks without the faceplate, but that might just be my opinion!
Otherwise great job so far man!

^ Yeah, my final lenses will comeout to be smaller. Also, I'm looking forward to the completion of your mr,freeze build. You can try using a coffee can filled with hot water and dry ice. I will create a thick smoke and will be smaller than the smoke machine.

I havent really gotten an idea on how I should make the claws. Sorry. Your working on a SSM suit too? Dude, make a build thread so everyone can see!

Well, I made the new updated frames, now smaller and neater. Because I want to save my money for a Con I'm going to, I'm only using Foamies and plastidip for the frames. I'm still not sure about the lenses..
(They may appear weird in this photo because of their curvature)
imageafzg.jpg

Compared to the big bug-like, sloppy old lenses. I apologize for the grainy pics, my Nikon camera is currently out of commision right now because of my lost charger.
imagebfs.jpg

I quickly threw them on my mask to compare it to my old frames.
Old.
imageymtz.jpg

New.
imagernu.jpg

I am not sure when I am finished with this, but one things for sure, I will not finish this until I am 100% happy.

I havent posted anything in a while so finally, here are some hd pics of the costume while I wait for the silver tint for the new lenses Im making.
dscn0747t.jpg

dscn0744up.jpg

Trying on the frames
dscn0740y.jpg

dscn0735d.jpg

dscn0734fm.jpg

dscn0733zr.jpg

Re: Manwithaplan99's Superior Spider-man build! (UPDATE New Hd PIcs up!)

Where'd you put the zipper? Can you get some pictures of it?

^ ahh yes, I put a zipper going down my spine so I can pull the mask over my face. hope that helps!

Can you post some pics without a faceshell underneath the mask? I agree the lenses did make your head look very big but the faceshell your wearing seems to make the overall profile look larger as well. Maybe try not using one

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back