Mannequins holding weapons?

Discussion in 'Replica Costumes' started by Verbal21, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Verbal21

Verbal21 Active Member

Just wondering what people do for mannequins that require a weapon being held? I'm currently making a life-size Boba Fett and it's just a shame I can't give him a more "Boba Fett" pose with him holding his blaster. Does anybody have any suggestions or know of any other options there are?

2. Mr. K

Mr. K Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Maybe you can make cheap bendable hands with steel wire then padd 'em to desired thickness.

3. welshwarrior123

welshwarrior123 Well-Known Member

What you do, well what I intend to do. Is cut all the fingers off your mannequin hand, then using wire such pvc gardening wire, bunch it up so its thicker and looks like the shape of a finger, then epoxy/glue/fiberglass it to the hand where you cut the fingers off. You then wrap the wire up in duct tape, and put the gloves on. Now you can move and pose the fingers to how you want them.

If you need the actual arms in a different position, such as being bent. The only real way is to cut the arm up, and make a bracket inside one of the upper arm pieces, then fiberglass/epoxy the lower arm piece in a position you like.

If you plan on having your fett hold the ee3 with just one hand, you may have to get creative with zip ties etc, although I would still tie the blast to the hands in an inconspicuous spot just in case.

Hope that helps,

Welsh