Manhattan Project PU-239

Logan Cade

I caught the movie The Manhattan Project the other day and I couldn’t stop thinking about it. So after a little research, some quick photo shopping, some sticker paper and labels, and of course something maybe called Alberto’s VO5 plus glitter, I had myself a nice little prop.

MP1.jpg

MP2.jpg

MP3.jpg

But really the main thing I can’t stop thinking about is that Atomic Bomb, what a prop that would make.

I mean it’s just a piece of equipment, like a toaster or a clock, a bunch of parts that have to be put together so you never put them together….

Sounds like a good winter project….

A word to the wise if anyone makes one of these for their collection, don't use glitter, after about 2 weeks it just dissolves. Aluminum flakes/chips appear to hold up fine over time.

I, Like you am Enamored with this movie. I am starting my making journey with making replicas from this movie. If you could go into a little more detail about "quick photoshopping" it would be appreciated. A PM with the file wouldn't hurt either as I am garbage with that program.

I attended the world premier of the John Adam's opera Doctor Atomic. They had a nifty prop for "the Gadget." Not exactly accurate, but got across the essential look of the thing, a complicated and slightly grotty-looking sphere with electrical cables sticking out in every direction.

Here's the photos I made and used of the tape and label. I printed the labels on standard address labels and printed the tape on 8x10 sheets of clear sticker paper and cut them out in strips. The hard part is finding the bottles. Amazon was the only place I found them and they're quite expensive. If you watch them for a while on Amazon the guy sometimes drops the price to $15.00 for 6. It doesn't happen often but that was when I grabbed mine.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002VA5Q9C/

Labels final.jpg

Tape Final jpeg.jpg

Attachments

• Tape Final jpeg 72.jpg
    Tape Final jpeg 72.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 71
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back