Manhattan Project PU-239

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by Logan Cade, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Logan Cade

Logan Cade Well-Known Member

I caught the movie The Manhattan Project the other day and I couldn’t stop thinking about it. So after a little research, some quick photo shopping, some sticker paper and labels, and of course something maybe called Alberto’s VO5 plus glitter, I had myself a nice little prop.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

But really the main thing I can’t stop thinking about is that Atomic Bomb, what a prop that would make.

I mean it’s just a piece of equipment, like a toaster or a clock, a bunch of parts that have to be put together so you never put them together….

Sounds like a good winter project….

Jmen likes this.
  2. kelsobrooks

kelsobrooks Member

OMG! What a great idea..
    I took a date to that movie eons ago....funny story for a later time:facepalm

Anyways looks neat!

Kelso

3. Logan Cade

A word to the wise if anyone makes one of these for their collection, don't use glitter, after about 2 weeks it just dissolves. Aluminum flakes/chips appear to hold up fine over time.

4. Copper9

Copper9 Active Member

Forgetting something like this on the bus, could be a bad thing.

5. Asseyez

Asseyez New Member

I, Like you am Enamored with this movie. I am starting my making journey with making replicas from this movie. If you could go into a little more detail about "quick photoshopping" it would be appreciated. A PM with the file wouldn't hurt either as I am garbage with that program.

6. Valor

Valor Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I love this. Nicely done.

7. nomuse

nomuse Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I attended the world premier of the John Adam's opera Doctor Atomic. They had a nifty prop for "the Gadget." Not exactly accurate, but got across the essential look of the thing, a complicated and slightly grotty-looking sphere with electrical cables sticking out in every direction.

8. Logan Cade

Here's the photos I made and used of the tape and label. I printed the labels on standard address labels and printed the tape on 8x10 sheets of clear sticker paper and cut them out in strips. The hard part is finding the bottles. Amazon was the only place I found them and they're quite expensive. If you watch them for a while on Amazon the guy sometimes drops the price to $15.00 for 6. It doesn't happen often but that was when I grabbed mine.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002VA5Q9C/

Labels final.jpg

Tape Final jpeg.jpg

Attached Files: