Mangalore Grenade Prop Replica

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Scadge

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello all,
I am happy to say I have finished my first ever prop replica (Mangalore Grenade from The Fifth element) I am ecstatic how it came out and felt the need to share. I was a bit uneasy when i first started the on the prop but I can sit back and appreciate it now that its on my display shelf
. _MG_8612.JPG _MG_8613.JPG _MG_8611.JPG

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Scadge

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
It was a fun build to work on I wish I had taken WIP photos but I guess I was a bit excited to get it done it never crossed my mind. That's something I will have to keep in mind on my next build. Also if you are truly interested in making one, the Timer knob (also used on the Zorg ZF1) is actually a discontinued potentiometer made by RS Components product, stock no. 509-973. Radwell had one for about $16 although it seem their supply is low and the shipping is high, but they do offer other buying options. http://www.plccenter.com/en-US/Search/?q=10+turn+silver.

Also the body CAD files are posted on thingiverse. They were well made if you want to have them 3D printed like I have: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1594100

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.